Good watch Sonny Liston

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Very interesting show thanks for sharing. Sad life really except for when he was champ. Also shows that Clay/Ali is and was always the GOAT. If Liston was the Tyson of his time, and Ali overcame Foreman’s tremendous power, he woulda beat Tyson every time as well.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Liston was BAD! He was the most incredible heavyweight of his time and had the mob not made him throw the second fight i think he'd have ended Clay then and there.
I am still of the opinion the Mob killed/had him killed when he was no longer useful

floridays

Very interesting show thanks for sharing. Sad life really except for when he was champ. Also shows that Clay/Ali is and was always the GOAT. If Liston was the Tyson of his time, and Ali overcame Foreman’s tremendous power, he woulda beat Tyson every time as well.
Glad you enjoyed it Mick. :thumbup1:
I just happened on it, thought it was worth passing along.

Off the leash

Liston was BAD! He was the most incredible heavyweight of his time and had the mob not made him throw the second fight i think he'd have ended Clay then and there.
I am still of the opinion the Mob killed/had him killed when he was no longer useful
No question he’d have destroyed Clay. And yes he probably got clipped.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Good story...I was brought up when Heavyweights ruled the sports world. Again it really enforces just how good Ali (Clay) was, study how Patterson looked beside Liston during their matches, then look again at the Ali match...we sometimes forget just how big Ali was because of his speed.

oldngray

nowhere special
Good story...I was brought up when Heavyweights ruled the sports world. Again it really enforces just how good Ali (Clay) was, study how Patterson looked beside Liston during their matches, then look again at the Ali match...we sometimes forget just how big Ali was because of his speed.
He was a light heavyweight earlier in his career before he bulked up and moved up a class.

Off the leash

And he lost prime years too because of his refusal to go in the military