Goodbye and Farewell

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Goodbye seasonals. Thanks for doing all the work for me for the last almost 3 months. See you in October.

Anyone else gain the peak season 20lbs like me?

First time in almost 3 months that I've had to actually do my route on my own and my body is hurting already. I'm not used to getting in and out of this seat so much. Anyone else know how I'm feeling?
friend!!!
I thought you were leaving Brown Cafe!
Damn it all!

Zowert

I had a seasonal driver come up and ask me what his chances of becoming a RPCD were. I didn’t have the heart to tell him the truth, just gave him the usual “Well you’ve got your foot in the door.”

I guess he missed a phone call or something because last week he showed up even though they laid him off. The way he carried himself out the door was kinda heartbreaking. Damn good and hard working kid, just trying to make a living.

MattM

Last week volume was reaching closer to July volume. I thought we'd be trending down. Today, we're full fledged peak. Good luck out there. Before we know it they're gonna be using helpers at top rate again

Thanks Amazon.

They cut like 10 routes/jobs to the hub we sent 9 four huts to. They usually get two four huts

MattM

___ hut trailers we call them. Some are short and fit two ulds (2 hut trailer). Some fit five ulds (four hut trailer). The terminology is probably wrong. Basically, volume quadrupled as we cut helpers and seasonal. Senior guys will have to earn their keep for awhile.

clean hairy

I had a seasonal driver come up and ask me what his chances of becoming a RPCD were. I didn’t have the heart to tell him the truth, just gave him the usual “Well you’ve got your foot in the door.”

I guess he missed a phone call or something because last week he showed up even though they laid him off. The way he carried himself out the door was kinda heartbreaking. Damn good and hard working kid, just trying to make a living.
You told him he had his foot in the door, but not the heart to tell him they might slam the door on his foot?

WTFm8

Tell him to call in every morning. LOL

MrFeeder

I had a peak route and was on the road while casual shifted the yard with my shifter. Now I’m back in the yard on my phone in my shifter.

barnyard

KTM rider
One of our new guys went back this week after 7 weeks straight in feeders he was not a happy camper.

I will cover a bunch of weeks this year and will do the peak run again. I doubt that I will get a chance to bid on a FT feeder gig, so I will take what I can get.

Heavy Package

Package Car driver employee id updated after 1 year of feeders:

fat-bastard.jpg