Goodbye , Brown Cafe. Management Surveillance of This Site Is Last Straw.

When has Orange ever said anything that should be worried about? Anything he might have said I would bet is truthful simply because those of us from differing parts of the country can directly relate to it. If that's not truth then what is?
I don't say anything on here,work related, that my mgmt team hasn't heard at one point in time right from my mouth. If there's something said on here that bothers them then maybe that's something that needs to be addressed.

I hope Orange has a change of heart but more so I hope if he stays away it gives him all the more time to help his wife get better.

Nimnim

The Nim
" I would be hard pressed to stay here if I knew that my posts were being monitored...." (upstate)

Your posts ARE moderated. All of our posts are moderated.

More, I know you don't like Upstate, but in this case you're trying to stir up something that isn't needed.

Upstate was talking about UPS monitoring our posts, we all know our posts here are moderated by the staff, but that's completely different than UPS monitoring.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
When has Orange ever said anything that should be worried about? Anything he might have said I would bet is truthful simply because those of us from differing parts of the country can directly relate to it. If that's not truth then what is?
I don't say anything on here,work related, that my mgmt team hasn't heard at one point in time right from my mouth. If there's something said on here that bothers them then maybe that's something that needs to be addressed.

I hope Orange has a change of heart but more so I hope if he stays away it gives him all the more time to help his wife get better.
Why did you disagree with my post?? You care about how that kid claims he has nothing to lose and doesn't care if he's fired?? I sure don't....I care about my own job, not his. You're entitled to disagree, but I'm curious as to why....

Ouch

I really don't see the big deal. As long as your telling the
Truth and not posting pics of ups operations how can they do anything to you. I could understand if you are putting managers names and what you think of them or even making threats. If a manager says something to you about coming on brown cafe I would think a harassment grievance would be in order. If it got bad enough I would even think by law you could get a stalking case against them. As well as we all know they say alot of stuff that they can do nothing about. I feel if someone is reading my post any then telling me my job is at stake would be a violation of my rights. The majority of the post here to me is people looking for good sound advice, or people wondering what to do in certain situations. This whole threat about getting fired for making post on brown cafe is beyond me. I could understand a slander case if you used names and made derogatory remarks about that individual.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
...unless, as you said, your posts were slanderous in nature, revealed proprietary or trade secrets or portrayed your employer in a negative manner...
Unless management can prove a certain username belongs to a specific employee....can they really do anything other than start the typical paper trail to fire you?

moreluck

golden ticket member
More, I know you don't like Upstate, but in this case you're trying to stir up something that isn't needed.

Upstate was talking about UPS monitoring our posts, we all know our posts here are moderated by the staff, but that's completely different than UPS monitoring.
It wasn't specific.......and reading between the lines is psychic and should only be attempted by Dionne Warwick !!

Ouch

...unless, as you said, your posts were slanderous in nature, revealed proprietary or trade secrets or portrayed your employer in a negative manner...
So my point is if they are trying to discipline you for posting on brown cafe, and you haven't made threats or derogatory remarks you have nothing to worry about. Just because you work for ups doesn't mean they own you. You still have rights and freedoms. I would fight it like I said with a grievance or even a lawsuit if that's what it took. I will not put up with feeling like I'm threatened. IT WILL NOT HAPPEN. They do everything they can to try and control you. If you let this happen it is your on fault. It's like being bullied.

kingOFchester

Would these facts be available to anyone not currently employed by UPS?

It was a joke.

Besides, UPS is the best company to work for. Everyone from the CEO all the way down to the crews hired to clear the snow in the parking lots are as honest as they come. I anxiously wait for my work day to begin knowing that I work for such a great company that puts its customers and employees ahead of profits.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sounds to me like Orange doesn't feel this is a battle worth fighting.

Cachsux made a great point in that this may allow him to focus on more pressing issues at home.

I would be curious to see how it would play out if someone did choose to fight this through our grievance process and what the outcome would be.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Like I told my son...never post anything on line you wouldn't want your grandma to see. I try not to post anything I wouldn't want management to see. It's not like this is a top secret site open to a select few. Be careful in what you post.

over9five

Staff member
I've been in the office for things I've said here. They had printouts of Brown Cafe pages with some of my statements highlighted. It certainly does happen.
They got over it eventually....

It was a joke.

Besides, UPS is the best company to work for. Everyone from the CEO all the way down to the crews hired to clear the snow in the parking lots are as honest as they come. I anxiously wait for my work day to begin knowing that I work for such a great company that puts its customers and employees ahead of profits.
Couldnt say It, any better myself! Monday cant come soon enough!