Goodbye , Brown Cafe. Management Surveillance of This Site Is Last Straw.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Oh, so I guess they are striving to have hourlies that are frustrated, fed up and just plain burnt out? Seems to be working.

Also, walk into a building and engage with the hourlies. Suits walk in and walk by staring at the floor.

Perhaps they are trying to determine our breaking point.

Our DM was in the bldg. last week. We had a very productive meeting with him, our center manager and 4 of our most senior drivers, myself included. We met for about 20 minutes and discussed a wide range of issues. He was receptive on most and candid on those he disagreed with.

Suits generally come to the building for a reason but it wouldn't hurt them to spend a few minutes listening to some of our concerns.

I pulled him aside before the meeting to see what he could do, if anything, to help get my son hired upon graduation. He is going for his MBA in Supply Chain and would be a perfect fit for our Logistics operation. I gave him my son's contact information, told him he had an active employment application on upsjobs.com and asked him to speak to the HR folks in the district to see if there was anything that could be done. He took the information and promised to do what he could. As of last night my son's application has been updated to show his active seeking employment status.

over9five

Staff member
Were your online comments directed to your local management team or UPS in general?
I guess you'd say my immediate management team. I don't think I've ever mentioned this on the forum, but I did tell some of the mods here.
I wonder if it's still in my Pittsburgh? Do you think UPS has an "Over9five" file????

kingOFchester

Perhaps they are trying to determine our breaking point.

Our DM was in the bldg. last week. We had a very productive meeting with him, our center manager and 4 of our most senior drivers, myself included. We met for about 20 minutes and discussed a wide range of issues. He was receptive on most and candid on those he disagreed with.

Suits generally come to the building for a reason but it wouldn't hurt them to spend a few minutes listening to some of our concerns.

I puhim aside before the meeting to see what he could do, if anything, to help get my son hired upon graduation. He is going for his MBA in Supply Chain and would be a perfect fit for our Logistics operation. I gave him my son's contact information, told him he had an active employment application on upsjobs.com and asked him to speak to the HR folks in the district to see if there was anything that could be done. He took the information and promised to do what he could. As of last night my son's application has been updated to show his active seeking employment statuslled.

I probably would of done the same thing with a slight variation:

I would pull him aside before the meeting to see what he could do, if anything, to help get my son NOT hired upon graduation. He is going for his MBA in Supply Chain and would be a HORRIBLE fit for our Logistics operation. I gave him my son's contact information, told him he had an active employment application on upsjobs.com and asked him to speak to the HR folks in the district to see if there was anything that could be done to GET HIS APPLICATION TAKEN DOWN. He took the information and promised to do what he could. As of last night my son's application has been TAKEN DOWN.

T

Turdferguson

UPS has no control over what is said on this site. As long as this site is not run by UPS like their facebook page or something they own.Their own social media policy says they can not restrict your right to free speech as long as you are not giving out privileged info.

Sent using BrownCafe App