Goodbye UPS

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
We have driver 8 hours overallowed now without all the shenanigans, and there is nary a word said. It was probably epic in only your mind.
6ADB4064-632E-4947-AE6D-144FD4A7018D.gif

quad decade guy

We have driver 8 hours overallowed now without all the shenanigans, and there is nary a word said. It was probably epic in only your mind.
Really?

At 8 hours over....a planned DAY.....he/it literally didn't DO ANYTHING all day?

And nary a word?

Not a new driver.....an RPCD?

Not a rookie turned loose without any supervision as was relayed here earlier(on BC).

And this is common?

Really? You guys up there....pretty much do what you want?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
And this is our future generation.

Just like I went grocery shopping today store manager was running the cash register because nobody wants to come to work

Looks like everyone needs a cry towel.
Smh
Looks like employers need to learn how to make people not absolutely dread going to work.

It has nothing to do with people not wanting to work. Unemployment is at a record low so clearly people are working.

It’s about people standing up for themselves and not accepting :censored2: jobs that treat them poorly.

Like I saw a fast food manager say the other day in a video. This isn’t about no one wanting the job. This is corporate wanting to do more with less. In her example all of their training calls for an 8 person team at minimum. That’s how it’s designed to run. Instead she gets a phone call from higher ups every morning saying you can get by with 3 today.

Looks like employers need to learn how to make people not absolutely dread going to work.

It has nothing to do with people not wanting to work. Unemployment is at a record low so clearly people are working.

It’s about people standing up for themselves and not accepting :censored2: jobs that treat them poorly.

Like I saw a fast food manager say the other day in a video. This isn’t about no one wanting the job. This is corporate wanting to do more with less. In her example all of their training calls for an 8 person team at minimum. That’s how it’s designed to run. Instead she gets a phone call from higher ups every morning saying you can get by with 3 today.
And they might have to start paying them a little bit more also

Brownslave688

It's also different work ethic now.
I don't want group everybody into one category but a lot of these young people don't ever want to work over 8 hours
I don’t know if I’d consider that work ethic. You can be a hard worker but not want to work all day and night. Definitely not a black and white subject.

I don’t know if I’d consider that work ethic. You can be a hard worker but not want to work all day and night. Definitely not a black and white subject.
I'm not saying everybody wants to work all the time but when you're young and starting out a little extra cash to get you started in life is a big help.

Unfortunately this is not a 9 to5 job in most cases And they need to realize that when they sign on here

Brownslave688

I'm not saying everybody wants to work all the time but when you're young and starting out a little extra cash to get you started in life is a big help.

Unfortunately this is not a 9 to5 job in most cases And they need to realize that when they sign on here
It’s kind of funny watching corporate try to adjust.

It’s every driver on the road here trying to cut OT. Hoping no one quits. Preloaders are only loading 2 trucks and they’re still quitting left and right. It’s nuts.

Ups is unique and there’s only so much they can do. Retail and fast food and others could absolutely give workers more hours with consistent schedules if they wanted.

From a Land Brown Under

Whenever I tell the new people here they can ask about becoming air sort and work Saturdays for time and a half, a lot of them always ask about it and are hungry for hours. Granted my area is in a rough low income area, but these kids definitely are hungry for work. I really think these upcoming contracts should include a lot more 22.3 jobs because at this point, if what is said here is true about work ethic, a lot of it is because disillusion in understanding what a union job entails. I educate every new person I can about seniority and how it works. Hell, since the bid sheets came down for driver helper, I always show em the centers they can talk to a person to be a driver helper. The young ones want it, gotta show em how to do it.