Goodbye UPS

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
The throwing the keys thing is just a minor inconvenience, as management & mechanics have at least two ways around that. Unscrew the valve in the valve stems on all six tires.
I once locked the keys in the cargo area with no spares in my first year. And took them 2 hours to drill out the lock. Maybe compromise the gps box first.

freehoodies

Staffing isn't your problem.
Worry about yourself and not what your manager is/isn't doing.
Hard not to worry about not having a life 60 hours a week when management could fix it by actually doing their jobs

Insurance not worth it?
It may not be now but when you need it, it will be.
There's a reason it's referred to as "cadillac insurance".
UPS is not the only company that provides insurance. And for most people, a high deductible plan for the freak accident/1 in a million cancer diagnosis is absolutely fine. The Amish live longer than most people and they have no insurance. And we've all heard of UPS drivers dying a couple months after retirement.

Reconsider your decision because once you quit, there's no coming back.

Genuine helping.

Like a center manager at another center wouldn't hire someone who already knows how to do the job vs some of these 22.4s youve seen them putting on. As long as he leaves in good standing he will be fine if he wants to come back, just gonna lose that seniority if he decides to return.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
One thing I always said I’d do toward the end, but never got the chance, was to sheet every stop as “duplicate stop” so the report would show 11 hours worked, 200 miles driven, 0 stops and 0 packages delivered just to see the look on their face when called into the office. “The duplicate button was stuck”
I DID THAT!!!!!!!!! I retired January 9 of this year so November and December of last year were the best months of my career. EVERY DAY of those last two months i;d try to figure out how to blow up the reports yet still make service. Middle of December last year I did just that,Duplicate Stop every single stop .I was called in the office,threatened with termination and all i could do was laugh VERY loudly .It was the absolute best feeling those last two months knowing i was out the door and telling them I didnt give a golden rats arse about anything they had to say AND if they kept crying i'd give them something to really cry about. My onroad was almost in tears every morning begging me to 'be good' .

Back From Break
Woah woah woah, I gave them 100% for the time I was on the road. I didn’t tell them to dispatch me like a bunch of idiots. Who said I didn’t try my best to service the customer? Anything I brought back missed at peak was a result of their poor planning, not anything I did or didn’t do on the road.

I know you weren't responding to me, but I did quote the following message from you in one of my posts.

There was no greater joy I had in package, then bringing back 100 missed at peak, and walking passed my center manager and on car on my way out the door, as they ran around like chickens with their heads cut off. Always got a kick out of that.

Maybe I got your intentions wrong. Maybe you weren't referring to the joy of bringing 100 back (not making service to the customer), but were referring to the joy of management's reaction because of the 100 missed service failures.

If that's the case, I apologize for putting you in the "Screw the customer, let the Company implode" category.

upsgrunt

I DID THAT!!!!!!!!! I retired January 9 of this year so November and December of last year were the best months of my career. EVERY DAY of those last two months i;d try to figure out how to blow up the reports yet still make service. Middle of December last year I did just that,Duplicate Stop every single stop .I was called in the office,threatened with termination and all i could do was laugh VERY loudly .It was the absolute best feeling those last two months knowing i was out the door and telling them I didnt give a golden rats arse about anything they had to say AND if they kept crying i'd give them something to really cry about. My onroad was almost in tears every morning begging me to 'be good' .

So what effect did it have on the report?

Box Ox

McDonald's in my town is hiring.
$19 an hour
Almost starting driver wages.
Would you do it all over again at McDonald's if you could?
When I started PT made similar wages as FT after 90 days. We had weekends and Holidays off and UPS was considered a premium PT job. Can that be said today?

So would you go for UPS or McDonald's if you were just starting out today?

When I started PT made similar wages as FT after 90 days. We had weekends and Holidays off and UPS was considered a premium PT job. Can that be said today?
$15 bux an hour cash to start
$12 in pension
Have weekends and holidays off
Free medical
Legal benefits
Disability
Small savings plan
sick pay
7 weeks vacation @ 25 years
Retire @ 50 on 60K a year

Do all part time jobs offer this?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
So what effect did it have on the report?
i was something like 8 hours overallowed. I was told my "stunt" was seen by "The highest eyes" and i was being "watched" . I cracked up,even my Steward couldn't keep a straight face. My center manager was so mad he could have spit nails,he really got his :censored2: chewed . I was told even though my retirement date was set I could still be fired yada yada, threats ,threats, more threats . An OMS told me later that the morning Conference Call over the matter had been EPIC. I really paid management back for all of the years of harassment and BS i had to endure =)

ManInBrown

I know you weren't responding to me, but I did quote the following message from you in one of my posts.

Maybe I got your intentions wrong. Maybe you weren't referring to the joy of bringing 100 back (not making service to the customer), but were referring to the joy of management's reaction because of the 100 missed service failures.

If that's the case, I apologize for putting you in the "Screw the customer, let the Company implode" category.
Yeah, nothing to do with servicing the customer. I was taking joy in management drowning in their self induced pain of idiot dispatching. I always tried my best. I knew for those 6 weeks I had no 9.5 protection and it was what it was. Always did my best to get as much off as possible. Never dropped anchor during peak. The only time I did drop anchor was non peak when they tried to load me up on a third day. Then I was going to make them pay. And even when I did that everything got delivered. Maybe someone got something at 9pm instead of 7pm. I’m sure they survived.

Last edited:
i was something like 8 hours overallowed. I was told my "stunt" was seen by "The highest eyes" and i was being "watched" . I cracked up,even my Steward couldn't keep a straight face. My center manager was so mad he could have spit nails,he really got his :censored2: chewed . I was told even though my retirement date was set I could still be fired yada yada, threats ,threats, more threats . An OMS told me later that the morning Conference Call over the matter had been EPIC. I really paid management back for all of the years of harassment and BS i had to endure =)
Only 8 hours over allowed..
Slacker

UPSER1987

We have driver 8 hours overallowed now without all the shenanigans, and there is nary a word said. It was probably epic in only your mind.