Got a pay increase this week

21Savage

Let me give you an example of what I meant . In local 177 on the feeders side , we have guys in progression making let’s say 25 dollars an hour.

They are hiring casuals now and are paying 36 an hour in order to attract and retain(at least for a few months) such casuals.

As long as a feeder casual is making 36 an hour, then any rank and file feeder driver in progression makes 36 an hour.

Does that make it clearer?

And I’m not saying this is necessarily going on with the Original Poster but it is the only thing that I can think of.
Yeah I got you. They've just never done it that way in package at least in the short time I've been here so why the sudden change? The guys in progression always stayed at their contractual rate no matter if seasonals were making more or not.

DVIR

2nd year RPCD currently at $23. Checked time card viewer last night and realized I have been getting paid $3 more than my current rate all week. Checked with other 2nd year RPCD'S and they all jumped to the same rate ($26) as well. I'm not complaining obviosuly, just curious as to why the jump now, and what to expect at my actual scheduled pay increase date which is in January and how pay progression will go from here on out. Was supposed to only get $1 more on the next increase(24 months)
Congrats. Now just wait to be pulled into the office for a meeting about your united way donation increase. As my manager said to me, “You won’t even notice it out of your check”.

Doubleparkedrunner

Why would they have to pay qualified RPCD's in their 2nd and 3rd year of progression more to attract casual/seasonal drivers?
My center has had multiple people quit with only half a year or so to go to top rate.

Money isn't everything , and they chose to find something else that presumably pays less but doesn't require 57/58 hours a week for years straight. I think almost all drivers can handle the thought of working that many hours during peak seasons but when the company sticks it to you year after year with no end in sight , people start to rethink their career path real quick.

I've just decided to take unpaid days whenever the hell i feel like it so as to keep my physical and mental health in the proper working condition. When you have 47 hours logged by the end of thursday , why not just take a 3 day weekend everytime?

Too many people are scared of management and just show up for the beat down everyday. That's a huge mistake thatll cost them in the long run.

johnnyunion

the grandpalooza of all you losers
Yeah I got you. They've just never done it that way in package at least in the short time I've been here so why the sudden change? The guys in progression always stayed at their contractual rate no matter if seasonals were making more or not.
So I went into work today for a few hours and the 22.4's all got bumped up to 26 too! That's bs. So a guy who just qualified makes as much as me now? That's not right.
You’re right , none of its right. Would you be happier to be back a few weeks ago making 23 dollars before this all happened???

As for a potential change in regards To progression drivers making more money if seasonals are making more , if that is true, I don’t know why.

Maybe if you know your BAs ,’ask one of them about what is going on?

JoesUPSacct

Swollen Member
Yes we are. I'm also doing the same job as a top rate driver. Let's just all be top pay from day one and sing kumbaya
i was making a delivery at a verizon store today. guy signing for the packages asked if i could take one they wanted to send.

of course.

"well, the girl that was delivering here a couple of days ago said no. she was only on her 4th day and didn't know how to do it"