Got an appointment scheduled...do I essentially have the job?

Just filled out an application for package handling and set up an appointment for tomorrow at 11:45pm (what an odd time).

Do I have the job in the bag (as long as I don't royally screw up tomorrow)? Is the appointment an interview or a test to see if I am capable?

btw, I am very glad I found this website. It seems to be very active and thats always a great thing.

fethrs

Just filled out an application for package handling and set up an appointment for tomorrow at 11:45pm (what an odd time).

Do I have the job in the bag (as long as I don't royally screw up tomorrow)? Is the appointment an interview or a test to see if I am capable?

btw, I am very glad I found this website. It seems to be very active and thats always a great thing.

No, sorry to say but just because you have the appointment doesn't mean you have the job. The appointment may just be an Information Session. You will get a quick run down of the jobs available, the hours and pay, and a quick interview. If you qualify they will call you back.

No, sorry to say but just because you have the appointment doesn't mean you have the job. They will just call you later if you get hired. I may be wrong but good luck anyway.

Is an "appointment" made for all applicants who are qualified or are some applicants given an interview right away?

Basically, is setting an appointment common procedure for everyone who qualifies for the job?

P

pickup

I'll try to help a little bit. The interview is also a test. They want to see signs of enthusiasm , eagerness, and they hope to see more than a little naivete thrown into the mix. Show up 20 to 15 minutes early (leave more than enough time to get there and get through security, the less metal you bring through the security checkpoint the better) . As you sit in the waiting room , look at the all the pretty posters they have hanging up and look very happy and eager. I mentioned eager twice. If he has more candidates than jobs, the interviewer will tend to pick the little rascal chomping at the bit that looks ready to go than the guy who dragged himself in late after a long night of hellraising. Shave also, this isn't california where a two and half day growth of beard seems to be the norm . And if you are in california, for all intents and purposes , you are not .
\

gostillerz

Show up on time, dress appropriately, pay attention, ask questions, be prepared. It's just like any other job. Good luck, and stick with the first two weeks when you get hired. It'll be very tough, but it gets slightly better!

fethrs

Is an "appointment" made for all applicants who are qualified or are some applicants given an interview right away?

Basically, is setting an appointment common procedure for everyone who qualifies for the job?
I don't really know but I think an appointment may be for all applicants that qualify. There aren't any applicants that are given an interview "right away".
I think just about anyone can get an appointment. I don't know much more, it's been 13 years since I've done it. Good luck.

They mentioned that I should wear casual slacks or jeans and closed-toe shoes. That makes me think they will give me some "work" to do to see if I'm up for it, which I am fully ready to do.

I've asked like 30 questions in this short topic already, I apologize. I am just very anxious to get back into the workforce after being unemployed for nearly two months. The package handling schedule also fits perfectly around my full time school schedule.

fethrs

They mentioned that I should wear casual slacks or jeans and closed-toe shoes. That makes me think they will give me some "work" to do to see if I'm up for it, which I am fully ready to do.

I've asked like 30 questions in this short topic already, I apologize. I am just very anxious to get back into the workforce after being unemployed for nearly two months. The package handling schedule also fits perfectly around my full time school schedule.
They wont give you any work until you get hired, I understand your anxiety. You'll be fine. Keep us posted. You will get more replies to this so keep checking it.

njnewbie

They won't give u any work to do but they will take you on a tour of the warehouse which is why u need to have real shoes on.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Also, don't let that 11:45pm appt. throw you. They want to see if you are willing to be flexible.

Quote from the movie "Drumline":

If you're 5 minutes early you're on time. You're late if you're on time.

Just got back from the tour. The interview is scheduled for Thursday at 11:30pm. However, this is for the 5-10pm and 11pm-5am shifts. I am very interested in the 5-10 shift, but my first choice is 4am-9am so the HR rep gave me the number for the other rep who handles that shift.

Do you think I would have to do the tour again under him, or will he just give an interview date (if there are positions available of course)?