Got fired and stopped paying union dues will this hurt my chances for union getting my job back

tallsaul

I have the same problem , I've been fired 3 times, and the racist guy that's trying to get me fired was secretary of the union until Dec 2015 , and is a local steward at our center. I thought as a steward they had to take an oath to never try to get another union brother fired
wow crazy how did you get you're job back ?what steps did you have to do to have the union get you're job back

tallsaul

if they don't like you and the union don't like you you really think you have a chance? i don't like people who quit the union and then expect free service. actually I am paying for your union protections and I don't like that.

maybe you will learn something for your new job.
look i paid dues for 19 years i never needed the union before i never been fired //i have always been pro union that one of the reasons i stayed with company to have security,i do have faith in them i just wish they would have faith in me more thats all .i think its funny how people come on here and trash one another while we should be trying to help one another on this site but i guess some people have nothing better to do with there lives then to just come on here and trash talk .

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
what i don't like is people coming here posting about their problems without telling the whole story.why did you quit the union? what is the whole story if you want some advice?

did you really think you would be popular by quitting the union. I'm retired after 25 years and am still a Teamster. I plan on working for another union company on a limited basis so I am still in the union.

your original post said you quit paying dues. i assume that meant you quit the union. if i am mistaken, i apologize.

FUH.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
what i don't like is people coming here posting about their problems without telling the whole story.

Sorry OP you had to hear this from our resident prevaricator, it's compulsive and cannot be controlled. Please carry on with your story of getting fired, not paying union dues, and hoping to get your job back.

Some guy been harassing me for years at work being racist and always telling me to fight him and i was told bye other employees he was trying to plot to get me fired months ago and one day in parking lot he baited me he had his friends around including a manager in his car and guy went off on me told me to hit him in parking lot i said not time or place then he took off his jacket and got in my face more and we started arguing as i was trying to stand up for myself but did not put hands on him ..then he told on me when he instigated whole thing i got fired and management said i threatened him ..union said they cant really help me they cant use my witnesses and cant use video cameras in parking lot ,i trust union but dont know why they are saying nothing can really be done .management hates me and has been trying to get me out for years because i stand up for myself and others ... so union said we going threw arbitration which i herd is not good chance to get my job back ...me and this guy had issues before but im the one fired ..i have been there 19 years and never been fired

I really didnt read any of the other responses but the first thing you should have done was talk to management. Nothing gets done, you call the help line. Still nothing gets done, you call the police and file a report of threatening / intimidating (whatever it is called in your state) then get a restraining order (order of protection).

Something would have gotten done, mark my words. At this point everything I'm telling you is a moot point but you have this advice for next time. Hope you get your job back, maybe your 19 years working here will be of some benefit to you at arbitration. Good luck, if you don't get your job back you could always take a ball bat to the racist magilla's kidneys!

tallsaul

what i don't like is people coming here posting about their problems without telling the whole story.why did you quit the union? what is the whole story if you want some advice?

did you really think you would be popular by quitting the union. I'm retired after 25 years and am still a Teamster. I plan on working for another union company on a limited basis so I am still in the union.

your original post said you quit paying dues. i assume that meant you quit the union. if i am mistaken, i apologize.

FUH.
i did not quit union i stopped paying dues because im off work so like when people take time off they file for a withdraw card so there are not owed dues when you come back

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

FUH.

Bologna.