Got fired.. going to hearing tomorrow hoping to get my job back

rod

Retired 22 years
accualy
When you have jury duty does the government have to pay you accourding to how much you make at UPS or how does that work?

Jury pay is chicken feed. I think I remember getting 15 bucks a day plus mileage. UPS pays you 8 hours pay for every day served. Very few companies pay their employees for time off for jury duty. Don't forget to thank your Union for that perk. Eight hours pay is based on full time workers. Part timers I would assume would get 3-4 hours pay.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
accualy

Jury pay is chicken feed. I think I remember getting 15 bucks a day plus mileage. UPS pays you 8 hours pay for every day served. Very few companies pay their employees for time off for jury duty. Don't forget to thank your Union for that perk. Eight hours pay is based on full time workers. Part timers I would assume would get 3-4 hours pay.
And they want that $10 or $15 back that you got paid. They either want you to sign over the check or they deduct it from the 8 hours pay.

rod

Retired 22 years
And they want that $10 or $15 back that you got paid. They either want you to sign over the check or they deduct it from the 8 hours pay.

The first time I had it I got to keep everything---the second time I had to give up the jury pay but got to keep the mileage check.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
We only get 8.00/day here. I guess I served 7 or 8 times while at UPS. They only asked for the check 1 time, and then another time they deducted the jury pay from my paycheck. That was a new one on me. Working nights and getting off at 4am, I got off 2 days with pay even if I didn't get picked.