Got fired.. going to hearing tomorrow hoping to get my job back

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
When we receive a jury duty summons we are assigned a number and have to call the night before to see if we have to report the following day, if we have to call back that night or if we are excused altogether. We have to turn this summons in to our mgt team and, yes, we are asked to call upon the completion of our duties.

Go ahead and go to work. I'm headed home. Once my route is out of the building. My day is over after jury duty. Besides I'm exhausted. All the coffee and donuts. I need a nap

clean hairy

Knowing my luck they'll call me in July when I am on vacation.
If called for jury duty during a vacation, the Court could reschedule you, especially if you have non-refundable reservations already made.
Just don't do what one guy did. He brought in alot of shoe laces and sat there making nooses the entire time to try and not selected.
The judge took exception to his behavior and gave him 72 hours in jail for contempt of court.
Imagine trying to explain THAT to the Managment team!

rod

Retired 22 years
Knowing my luck they'll call me in July when I am on vacation.

I found the Judge to be very understanding with people who had already booked vacations. He even dismissed for the whole session (3 months) people who had a good excuse why jury duty would be a hardship for them during that time. He did insist that the be available during some other 3 months session. When I was doing jury duty the ones who cried the most were school teachers. Apparently they thought they were too important to do their duty.

clean hairy

Maybe OP was not too successful with asking "would you like fries with that?"
Might also be working the skill of asking "would you like your hashbrowns scattered, covered, smothered and chunked?"

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I found the Judge to be very understanding with people who had already booked vacations. He even dismissed for the whole session (3 months) people who had a good excuse why jury duty would be a hardship for them during that time. He did insist that the be available during some other 3 months session. When I was doing jury duty the ones who cried the most were school teachers. Apparently they thought they were too important to do their duty.
When certain politicians make it their mission to tie student test results to teacher pay and job security, the teachers understandably take issue with having a random substitute teacher babysit their class for weeks at a time.

clean hairy

I was on one trial where jury couldn't reach a verdict on Thursday so the judge sent us home. We went back to court house on Friday morning at 9am-took another vote and reached a verdict by 9:15 am. We were done for the day by 9:30 and hell no I didn't go into work--on a Friday? are you nuts? I've also been on a jury where we hadn't reached a verdict by noon and were still in deliberations so the county bought us lunch which was brought in from a nice restaurant- not a fast food place---after which a verdict was soon made. Its a wonderful judicial system we have.
Interesting.
My Wife was on Jury Duty they could not reach a verdict. Sequestered the next night at one of the finest hotels, anything you wanted from the menu, nothing excluded.
Even got to use the TV, even free to watch pay per view programs.
The next day before noon, they reached a guilty verdict.
Almost seems like the State bought a conviction, come on!
A room that you or I would have to pay almost $200 per night, and the lowest price item in the Restaurant is $9 for a Dinner Salad?
I can see not putting them in a rent by the hour motel having to get stuff to eat from vending machines, but there has to be a good in between!

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Interesting.
My Wife was on Jury Duty they could not reach a verdict. Sequestered the next night at one of the finest hotels, anything you wanted from the menu, nothing excluded.
Even got to use the TV, even free to watch pay per view programs.
The next day before noon, they reached a guilty verdict.
Almost seems like the State bought a conviction, come on!
A room that you or I would have to pay almost $200 per night, and the lowest price item in the Restaurant is $9 for a Dinner Salad?
I can see not putting them in a rent by the hour motel having to get stuff to eat from vending machines, but there has to be a good in between!
More than likely the goverment has a deal in place with that hotel , it probably cost them less per room than it would cost you to pay full price at roadside motel.

rod

Retired 22 years
More than likely the goverment has a deal in place with that hotel , it probably cost them less per room than it would cost you to pay full price at roadside motel.

Not our government. They probably paid twice as much as any one else. They have NO concept of what money is.