Got fired

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If the time between the exception scan and the redelivery is 30 minutes or less it will end up on a report. This is how he got caught. If this is his first "brush with the law" he will be brought back, time served, no back pay.

Better to have a late air than to be dishonest.

If you are going to be close make sure to get the scan in the board before the commit time and complete the stop at the delivery point, not on road.

thanx if I can get my job back and going through a local hearing.. generally how long can I expect to be out of work?
They can drag their feet if they want to. If they have too many outstanding grievances on the table, they might want to play lets make a deal. Don't worry you should get your job back. Just come clean and don't lie, just follow the advice, of 407 and what some of the other members have said. Good luck to you.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
If the time between the exception scan and the redelivery is 30 minutes or less it will end up on a report. This is how he got caught. If this is his first "brush with the law" he will be brought back, time served, no back pay.

If you are going to be close make sure to get the scan in the board before the commit time and complete the stop at the delivery point, not on road.

They "KEY" or foundation being "HIS FIRST OFFENSE".

I would dare to guess that this driver has done this on a regular basis. I can only imagine how dirty his sheeting records are. Drivers who are comfortable doing this, do it all the time. They dont think. They cant comprehend that everything they do is memorialized by delivery record and GPS.

"FIRST OFFENSE" doesnt mean, caught got for the first time. Its a history.

In the new 2013 contract that YOU supported Dave, there is no "first offense" language, and rather, more DEFINING terms that will seal this drivers fate. "ANY INTENTIONAL ACT or OMMISSION" where the employee intended on defrauding the company ( dishonesty).

The intentional act would be the sheeting of this nda upto and including his history with other nda's. The ommission will be the fact that he did not report this action to the center before doing it. With these two factors, any Arbitrator will uphold his termination and side with the company.

Thanks for voting yes on language you yourself CHANGED.

Your a real genious.

Peace

TOS

S

serenity now

So, have the stop active in the board, drive to the stop and deliver after commit. True, it won't show up late in the diad. Still dishonest, the customer should have the package in their hands by commit time. Telematics and GPS will eat you alive on this one.

Bad advice / Deliver the stop by commit time, or it's late.

So, have the stop active in the board, drive to the stop and deliver after commit. True, it won't show up late in the diad. Still dishonest, the customer should have the package in their hands by commit time. Telematics and GPS will eat you alive on this one.

Bad advice / Deliver the stop by commit time, or it's late.
Kobayashi Maru..........

instantK

With all the talk about article 6 and technology, there still manages to be someone DUMB enough to pull crap like this. Fortunately, if your local is worth their salt, they can arbitrate your case and argue it was a first offense, unless HOWEVER, the company can demonstrate that you have done this in the past.

All they would have to do is present to the arb all your sheeting records along with GPS records. If you have OTHER "NOT IN 1's" followed by delivery for the same packages, then you will be SCREWED.

The company will have to prove that you Intended on Defrauding the company with your actions. On our current contract, its a 50/50 proposition.

With this NEW contract, youre DEAD MEAT.

Peace

TOS

What do you mean not in 1 followed by delivery the same pkg

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We had a guy who did that exact same thing and even went as far as to say that the company he was delivering to had given him a signed note saying he could deliver air/ground together, whenever he would get there running trace.

So, one day he sheeted it NI1 about 6 miles away and then lied saying he had the note (No one at the company had any clue what he was talking about). He was out for almost 2 months, and he got his back, so you SHOULD be fine.

A late NDA, bad. Sheeting a NDA away from the consignee address, fireable offense. Glad you learned your lesson. Don't let it happen again

We actually had a stop on a route I covered that requested air be delivered with ground. Late in the day. This stop was way out of the way. We told management forever but they said we have to have a letter from the customer.

Well finally got the letter. Had no problems for a few months. Then got a new driver sup. She came up to me yelling what are u doing sheeting air as customer request late. YOU CAN NOT DO THAT!!! I said well I did and there's a letter on file so ill do it again tomorrow. She was dumbfounded. That shows up late and as missed I can't have missed pieces everyday. I repeat. There's a letter on file so that's something you need to figure out. Not my problem. Lol never heard another word.

instantK

Have I done it before ? Yes but very rarely
No was not trained but have seen on road sups cheat air before , I obviously have seen others do this , sheeting ni1 then delivering is not something I learned on my own , I learned my mistake and will never cheat or be dishonest Again