Got GPS Tracking?

satellitedriver

If you want to know if you are being tracked by GPS in your DIAD, there is a simple way to find out.
Go to your communication screen. The list shows 6 options press # 8 (even though it is not a listed option). A new screen appears with alot of data. What you look for is the line with LON and LAT. If you see that then those are the exacts longitude and latitude bearings for where you are standing. Which means you are being tracked. A map can be printed out of exactly how you ran your route, how long you stopped and where you have been. Hope this info is helpfull.

trickpony1

If you want to know if you are being tracked by GPS in your DIAD, there is a simple way to find out.
Go to your communication screen. The list shows 6 options press # 8 (even though it is not a listed option). A new screen appears with alot of data. What you look for is the line with LON and LAT. If you see that then those are the exacts longitude and latitude bearings for where you are standing. Which means you are being tracked. A map can be printed out of exactly how you ran your route, how long you stopped and where you have been. Hope this info is helpfull.

I'm surprised you would divulge classified information such as this to the very people that you seem to have a disdain for........that being your union brothers and sisters. Have you cleared this with "hoser"?
Now that this information is out, there will be more people undermining the system, slacking off and, in general, disrupting your company.:confused:1
Shame on you:lol: :lol: :lol:

SmithBarney

does it really matter, they've had close to the same capabilities for years.
Like when you look at the delivery log, you were at 123 main street at 0900
and your next delivery was at 201 main street at 1015... why did it take you
1hr 15 minutes to go from one to the next... this is nothing new people.
just a little more exact, and I'm sure it'll be used more by IE to mess things up... I mean make improvements in PAS...
You are an employee, your employer has the right to implement new stuff.
and who cares if your doing your job.

browniehound

Satellite, how did the company survive so many years without your astute observations. Its been common knowledge that DIAD IV was GPS capable since UPS began rolling them out in the first centers.:crying:

W

Will Work For PAS

if you want to find out if your gps is turned on, just ask your supervisor or manager. i must have missed the memo by upper management to keep the gps capability a secret. here's another fact about gps: you can only enable it on 5 routes a day in a center. another fact: management doesn't even have time to look at the data from five routes.

SmithBarney

... management doesn't even have time to look at the data from five routes.

Damn right, I was going to mention that.. at the end of the day or the day after for that matter, Management, is only really worried about missed packages, and service failures. In honesty if they cared about 9.5's or hours you'd hear about that, but first and foremost is getting the packages GONE!

Ruralbrownman

The only people who should be worried about GPS are the people who are have a reason to be worried. Do the job by the methods , take your lunch , and what can they learn by watching you on GPS.

over9five

Staff member
As a driver, I don't care if they have GPS. They can watch me all they want.

As a shareholder, I wonder at the expense of being able to GPS every driver in the US. I think it's a waste.

local804

Now that this information is out, there will be more people undermining the system, slacking off and, in general, disrupting your company.:confused:1
Shame on you:lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

If in fact the driver wanted to be lazy, he would have taken the supervision job when he first started at the company. Big brother is watching you....

tieguy

Banned
As a driver, I don't care if they have GPS. They can watch me all they want.

As a shareholder, I wonder at the expense of being able to GPS every driver in the US. I think it's a waste.

its an interesting tool. I'm sure enabling its use has some interesting features. Not sure spying is one of them. We already have the capability of determining you spent too much time at one stop. GPS will not do anymore than that for us.

DS

Fenderbender
how about more cameras,we could have one on the front of the car and one on the drivers head and we wouldnt need to think at all.
just work as directed.With PAS and gps ups can rule the world

tieguy

Banned
Great idea. Build one into the diad also. Thus we can also monitor your delivery to ensure the correct words were uttered during the exchange.

Once complete we will have complete and total recording and monitoring of the delivery process. Once done we then must proceed with the last vestige of the drivers time on the road. The bathroom break. What is a reasonable standard for a bathroom break? Is the person actually performing a bowel movement the entire time he/she sits there or was that person also inefficently reading a newpaper or simply resting. Precious minutes are lost each day simply because our drivers due not make haste when dumping their waste.:tongue_sm

Coldworld

60 months and counting
how about more cameras,we could have one on the front of the car and one on the drivers head and we wouldnt need to think at all.
just work as directed.With PAS and gps ups can rule the world

how about cameas in the cargo area so when I have to take a piss in the back of the package car into a bottle they can give me an atta-boy for not wasting 20 minutes driving out of the country to go to the nearest country store to use the bathroom.