Got hurt due to leaky package..

Heffalump

Sprained my knee it seems, they're using the safety guy to coerce me into some how not filing for workers comp. What are my options? I have a second job and they said if I'm on disability here im not going to be able to work there either. I can not afford to have a stoppage in my income. Should I ice up and come back in Monday? Do management look out for guys like me that don't put pen to paper?

Indecisi0n

You need to try an evaluate how bad it really is. I know that sounds bad but we all get bumps and bruises and you can sometimes tell when it's a tweak or more serious. UPS is going to do everything in it's powers to not get you to file because they don't want an injury. The good thing is they at least know about it now which you could always use to your advantage. Only problem is if there really is something wrong and yo don't file then you have the headache of trying to prove it was really a work related injury.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Absolutely file an injury report. They have other options like temporary alternate work. They will just have you sit in the office and watch videos.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Sprained my knee it seems, they're using the safety guy to coerce me into some how not filing for workers comp. What are my options? I have a second job and they said if I'm on disability here im not going to be able to work there either. I can not afford to have a stoppage in my income. Should I ice up and come back in Monday? Do management look out for guys like me that don't put pen to paper?
go to the doctors and get it check out, so your at least off

Pizza

Joe Biden is The Big Guy
File a report if you are hurt.
Working a second job would depend on what restrictions your doctor puts on you. If you second job is not physical and are able to follow the doctors orders no reason you can not still work.

Jkloc420

Good advice, but before a doc will see you, they are going to ask if its an on the job injury or off the job. They force you to make that decision so they know which insurance will cover it
he gots insurance for it either way, it is a matter of it getting worse. He thinks it is sprained, ups should have taking him in period to cover themselves

Heffalump

he gots insurance for it either way, it is a matter of it getting worse. He thinks it is sprained, ups should have taking him in period to cover themselves
Yes but it seems they don't want an injury on their center report or whatever. I stand all shift for my other job. I offered to go home so I can ice it up and keep off it. I'm worried the companies doctor will restrict me from my other job and I just can't.

Heffalump

He seemed crotchety enough in some of his previous posts to make me think he has been here long enough to know the answer to that question
You have to get "crotchety" sometimes buddy..and as I was writing the posts I was being hounded by several full time soups in the office.

Jkloc420

Yes but it seems they don't want an injury on their center report or whatever. I stand all shift for my other job. I offered to go home so I can ice it up and keep off it. I'm worried the companies doctor will restrict me from my other job and I just can't.
Will your other job is not going to work you if your hurt from ups. I went through this when i broke my foot. My other job would not work me until I got cleared. The problem your going to come across is if you make it worse. Which is going to hurt you in the future

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
1. yes

2. no

3. good luck

Poop Head

Judge me.
Report it. You may think you're doing them a favor by covering it up, but your only hurting yourself and family if you have one. What if it gets worse and you end up needing surgery because you didn't let it heal?

Heffalump

Thanks guys for being serious on the post. I know how "animated we can all be". Lol
It's like when your in the building your under some kind of management spell like you don't know what to believe, so this really helps put things in perspective.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
If your hurt, your hurt. If the safety guy is trying to coerce you into not filing then you should inform your union. The union has a right to approve the cochairs

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Thanks guys for being serious on the post. I know how "animated we can all be". Lol
It's like when your in the building your under some kind of management spell like you don't know what to believe, so this really helps put things in perspective.
bless your little heart, you're so fresh meat and new.

Always document wear and tear, because down the line it is absolutely necessary in case something happens in a later time frame. You will never regret reporting an injury in the long run.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Screw their injury numbers. Report it, go to the doctor they send you to, then start your treatment. Here, you can do TAW for thirty days, and it’s not a lost time injury anyway. I’m sure there a million stories out there, but I know two former drivers that royally screwed themselves doing management a “favor” and going on disability. One lost his house and his wife, the other lost his house as well. Take care of you and your family. Don’t be intimidated.