Got into a accident on the way to work yesterday.

UPSGUY72

A 19 yr old girl ran a flashing red and stop sign and I hit her at 55-60 MPH. The only reason she isn't dead is because I was looking down the road and was able to swerve at the last second and avoided T-boning her. I'm ok but car is totaled every airbag went off besides the passenger front one and that one only because no one was sitting in the seat. There is also a nice little crease in the roof behind the sun roof. I hit a yield sign post with the other side of the car. She told the officer that she stop and no one was coming and then went. She got cited. Her car is facing the wrong direction I either spun her 180 or 540.

cc1.jpgcc5.jpg
cc4.jpg
cc1.jpg
cc4.jpg
cc5.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The current Mass Insurance system is no fault .
The insurance companies decide just how much fault each person is responsible for .

UPSGUY72

Lost a car to a totaling crash in feb. Hopefully your insurance won't rape you too bad.

Hopefully I won't have to us my attorney I all ready notified him and he says lets wait and see what they offer you before he gets involved. In Ma they are suppose to give you NADA retail which is just shy of $13000. We'll see what they come up with today or tomorrow.. I did a little asking around yesterday to educate myself so I'm prepared if they come back with a low ball offer.

I already have me new used car picked out.

oldngray

nowhere special
Whether the other person gets cited is not the same as who is fault to insurance companies. One time I got hit (in my personal car) at night by a guy driving with no headlights or insurance. The cop didn't cite anyone but found me at fault because I was making a left turn and the way he interpreted the law is turning left must always yield ( regardless of whether the other person was breaking the law). I never saw the other car until I got hit and the only thing that saved my butt was a witness who had been following that car trying to get his attention about his lights. I protested it and my insuance paid for my car (after deductible) and the other guy had to worry about his own car.

My ins gave me NADA retail which wasn't too bad. The problem, if you owned the car since new, is that you took care of it and know every nut and bolt it has a value greater to you than the same car from another owner. Maybe I'm just anal that way.
Where I took the hit was I just put new tires on. I show the receipt to my agent and he says no problem. Talk to the adjuster and she says pound sand. So short story I eat about $600 on top of the value of the car. All told I estimate a crash we had no fault in cost us about $3000 when said and done.
Another thing is one they tell you your cars a total loss you have seven days to find a new one before you have to return your rental. I found one in two days. Kept the rental 6 days 23 3/4 hours. Bite that Ms. Adjuster.

UPSGUY72

My ins gave me NADA retail which wasn't too bad. The problem, if you owned the car since new, is that you took care of it and know every nut and bolt it has a value greater to you than the same car from another owner. Maybe I'm just anal that way.
Where I took the hit was I just put new tires on. I show the receipt to my agent and he says no problem. Talk to the adjuster and she says pound sand. So short story I eat about $600 on top of the value of the car. All told I estimate a crash we had no fault in cost us about $3000 when said and done.
Another thing is one they tell you your cars a total loss you have seven days to find a new one before you have to return your rental. I found one in two days. Kept the rental 6 days 23 3/4 hours. Bite that Ms. Adjuster.

I was told once they cut me the check I have to turn the rental in. But I can have it 7 day to start. I have my new car picked out just need to pay off the old one first.

UPSGUY72

Whether the other person gets cited is not the same as who is fault to insurance companies. One time I got hit (in my personal car) at night by a guy driving with no headlights or insurance. The cop didn't cite anyone but found me at fault because I was making a left turn and the way he interpreted the law is turning left must always yield ( regardless of whether the other person was breaking the law). I never saw the other car until I got hit and the only thing that saved my butt was a witness who had been following that car trying to get his attention about his lights. I protested it and my insuance paid for my car (after deductible) and the other guy had to worry about his own car.

MY witness called the police and told them exactly what happen already have all there info as does the insurance company. Hopefully everything goes smooth and I don't have to get my attorney involved.

UPSGUY72

​She should have gone to the slammer for the stupid eyelashes on her car.

LOL you like those I didn't see them until I got the police report. I went another couple hundred feet down the median before my car stop after pulling the E brake and I was able to walk away. Some people who stopped checked on her so I didn't go back to see how was I was kind of in shock and a little pissed off so it was probably for the best.

J

jibbs

Every accident I've been a part of involved a god damned left turn.

Every accident I've been a part of involved a god damned left turn.

Thats what happened in ours. :censored2: made a kamikaze left in front of the Mrs. One good thing besides her walking away was at least it was my work car and not her more expensive car.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Glad your ok 72 that was ugly,,,there seemed to be a lot of accidents just this weekend here in Mass Wrong way drunk killed a Jersey woman out on the pike in Charlton and a couple of hit n run drunks down near cape then a couple married for a week in NH was hit by drunk killing the bride,,,Your a lucky guy !! Good luck with our dam insurance companies out here !!

UPSGUY72

Glad your ok 72 that was ugly,,,there seemed to be a lot of accidents just this weekend here in Mass Wrong way drunk killed a Jersey woman out on the pike in Charlton and a couple of hit n run drunks down near cape then a couple married for a week in NH was hit by drunk killing the bride,,,Your a lucky guy !! Good luck with our dam insurance companies out here !!

Thanks covemaster.

Yes I was really lucky I didn't even get hurt and she was even luckier I was able to avoid t-boning her I don't think wouldn't have made it.

I have commerce so we will see how it goes.....

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Shoot my daily driver was totaled out 4 years ago. Bought it back for $500 and have driven it to work everyday since.

Yours looks like a little more than cosmetic though.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
If you live in NY or RI, you can claim this as worker's compensation. WTF!

Glad you and she are OK and the UPS training helped to make it so.