Got let go by upper management, what to do?

newfie

If you're referring to his comment ,"job's not for everyone", then he is indeed not wrong. If you are referring to his opening comment "you must of sucked" then I disagree.

The original poster has three postings to his credit and none of them indicate that he was doing a bad job.

We have about 70 seasonal feeder drivers in my department and some are doing poorly, some average and quite a few very well.

We are starting to shed the good, the bad and the ugly
because we simply have to, volume is drying up. Simple as
that . For some who are being let go, it is no reflection of their having done a good job or not. It is possible that some will be hired permanently in months to come but not now.

So given we don't know if the original poster did a good job or not and that he does not have a history of smart Alec remarks, I didn't think the comment was called for .

meanj is letting people go? wow

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
If you're referring to his comment ,"job's not for everyone", then he is indeed not wrong. If you are referring to his opening comment "you must of sucked" then I disagree.

The original poster has three postings to his credit and none of them indicate that he was doing a bad job.

We have about 70 seasonal feeder drivers in my department and some are doing poorly, some average and quite a few very well.

We are starting to shed the good, the bad and the ugly
because we simply have to, volume is drying up. Simple as
that . For some who are being let go, it is no reflection of their having done a good job or not. It is possible that some will be hired permanently in months to come but not now.

So given we don't know if the original poster did a good job or not and that he does not have a history of smart Alec remarks, I didn't think the comment was called for .
I could post I'm the best thing since sliced bread. Doesn't mean I am.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
the higher ups, full time employees that are in charge of the facility i.e. full time supervisors, managers of the whole UPS local facility, district managers and such.
Your DM had no hand in it. When I was a PT Sup my District Manager barely knew I existed. My center manager doesn't even know any of the PTers and we're a tiny building. Decision was probably made by your PT Sup in consultation with the FT Sup.

Last edited:

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
The good news is the turnover rate among the PT ranks is high. If it came between you and another guy to stay, the next opening may be yours. Keep the faith.

axis

Poster, call in and talk to your HR Rep, the person that hired you. If you're an inside employee (loader, unloader, etc.) then they want to keep everyone they can, it reduces the need to hire next week or the week after. Your Sups may have said there's no need for you, HR may have a different perspective.

T

Turdferguson

I could post I'm the best thing since sliced bread. Doesn't mean I am.
large.png

Yozh69

However, I've been paying my union initiation fees from the get go but the other "seasonals" who came after me didn't pay any initiation fees at all, just their union dues. This is where I am confused if I'm really permanent part time or seasonal?

2. If I am permanent or would be coming back to work, will the initiation fees continue where I left off including the probation period that I have left?

Thanks

The Teamsters thank you for your service.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Oh, and be sure to call back Fall of 2016 to help out again next peak!