Got let go by upper management, what to do?

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
in what region or local do seasonal temps pay union dues or initiation fees??? in my neck of the woods, if you see initiation fees pulled from your check that means some sup screwed up counting your days and you made it.

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
in what region or local do seasonal temps pay union dues or initiation fees??? in my neck of the woods, if you see initiation fees pulled from your check that means some sup screwed up counting your days and you made it.
They're nothing like us...I know it's weird...
In our local they take out a payment means you made book.

newfie

sups don't decide when your union dues start.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
sups don't decide when your union dues start.
but they are in charge of keeping track of your days. I have seen sups get fired more than once for allowing partimers to make book and also for allowing a partimer to go fulltime because his days working doubles got miscounted

ski or die

Ski or Die
Talk to your Local BA. He can help you get a refund on your initiation dues. If you are recalled to work, they can just start the process from the start again. As far as being recalled, if as you stated about your work history, you will have a good chance to recalled for employment. This time of the year, UPS most often cuts back because of the decrease in volume. As it starts to pick up again, they have the recommendations from their supervisors which employees which they feel best about to return to work. The seasonal work before Christmas gives them a chance to observe employees, kind of like training camp in the NFL to see which ones will be cut. Be patient.

Anvilandforge

Let's all come in at :censored2:ed up hours of the night for $10 an hour to audition, in hopes of landing an 18 hour a week job. Maybe someday, you'll be able to drive big brown trucks.

What are you waiting for? Go to school, educate yourself in the same amount of time it would take to gain decent seniority at UPS and pursue a career that doesn't leave your knees and back tattered and torn from kneeling and bending over, so the company can :censored2: you in the ass and rip you from any family time you might have had. Just my opinion, man.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Let's all come in at :censored2:ed up hours of the night for $10 an hour to audition, in hopes of landing an 18 hour a week job. Maybe someday, you'll be able to drive big brown trucks.

What are you waiting for? Go to school, educate yourself in the same amount of time it would take to gain decent seniority at UPS and pursue a career that doesn't leave your knees and back tattered and torn from kneeling and bending over, so the company can :censored2: you in the ass and rip you from any family time you might have had. Just my opinion, man.
You sound bitter....did your audition not go well?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit

It appears to have worked. Got you through the door.

Anvilandforge

Nope. Got laid off. Found another job and getting a degree. Might as well actually get paid to work...If I'm going to be somewhere 5 out of 7 days a week I may as well enjoy it. No sense in living your life for 2 days a week.

If they do call you back, be careful... You might end up on a forum talking about work when you aren't working, lol. I just came back for the lolz and found this post. Take care of yourselves, and try to recall the day you woke up and decided you wanted to deliver packages for a career. I bet you can't. Livin' the dream. And when you aren't livin' the dream, you're on a forum complaining about it.

OP, I would hope you possess more skill than shoveling around boxes all day. Use your brain and apply those skills. If not, you'll fit right in.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Nope. Got laid off. Found another job and getting a degree. Might as well actually get paid to work...If I'm going to be somewhere 5 out of 7 days a week I may as well enjoy it. No sense in living your life for 2 days a week.

If they do call you back, be careful... You might end up on a forum talking about work when you aren't working, lol. I just came back for the lolz and found this post. Take care of yourselves, and try to recall the day you woke up and decided you wanted to deliver packages for a career. I bet you can't. Livin' the dream. And when you aren't livin' the dream, you're on a forum complaining about it.

OP, I would hope you possess more skill than shoveling around boxes all day. Use your brain and apply those skills. If not, you'll fit right in.
I enjoy my job, but thanks for playing.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
:blahblah:

iDontWorkAtUps

I hope you dont consider the pt sup from the other side of the building who probably flipped a coin to see if you'd stay "upper management".

P

pickup

If they do call you back, be careful... You might end up on a forum talking about work when you aren't working, lol.

Or even worse, you might end up on a forum talking about work when you aren't working THERE ANYMORE!

What happened to the "lineman" job? Did that dream go out the window when you changed the page on your day calendar?

newfie

He means screwing up by not keeping track of your days, we had many make book by sups not paying attention...

union sends t

you do realize the business was not started nor does it exist to simply destroy your knee's. It is actually a business that provides a service that people need. many of us actually don't mind the job and are kind of glad to be part of this company earning a very respectable living.

AutoZone

BrownPower

That's a pretty messed up way to look at it.. UPS is a great, if not the best company to work for. I swear most of you drivers are ungrateful pricks. How can you complain about your most seemingly minimally evasive job on the planet to make the money you make?? "Sign here please... Last name???" Is your job.. The hardest part is the heavy packages to 3rd floor apartments, and meeting time commits... So easy a cave man can do it.. To make 100k a year, with no formal education, paid benefits for your family.. A retirement pension.. Stock discounts.. 401k matching.. 7 paid weeks off.. 8 if you include your sick days.. All the extra time you can take off cause your union and a bad ass that won't lose his job.. Job security!!! And your rec is to leave a company like this, to get higher education, to make less money and no real benefits or retirement... Tell me another job on the planet that offers all of this???

Doesn't sound like a good idea to me.. But who am i, right?

AutoZone

BrownPower

Ohhh there it is... You couldn't cut it.. disregard my previous statement...

Enjoy your degree debt and $12 an hour job when you're done.. But you'll probably quit that as well..

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
That's a pretty messed up way to look at it.. UPS is a great, if not the best company to work for. I swear most of you drivers are ungrateful pricks. How can you complain about your most seemingly minimally evasive job on the planet to make the money you make?? "Sign here please... Last name???" Is your job.. The hardest part is the heavy packages to 3rd floor apartments, and meeting time commits... So easy a cave man can do it.. To make 100k a year, with no formal education, paid benefits for your family.. A retirement pension.. Stock discounts.. 401k matching.. 7 paid weeks off.. 8 if you include your sick days.. All the extra time you can take off cause your union and a bad ass that won't lose his job.. Job security!!! And your rec is to leave a company like this, to get higher education, to make less money and no real benefits or retirement... Tell me another job on the planet that offers all of this???

Doesn't sound like a good idea to me.. But who am i, right?

Are you still here?