Got to give express props

gixxer squid

It's crazy the things we have to worry about now days.

Couldn't agree with you more......

I can see it now. Fedex or Brown walks in garage to deliver box and black man shoots him thinking his privacy being invaded. Cities will shut down, looting will happen, thugs will come out of woods. Oh wait, it would have to be a white man shooting a black delivery attendant for the above to happen.

Regardless, I am happy boxes were delivered and extra effort was made but that is NOT the norm for many said reasons above....

gixxer squid

One of my drivers did something similar. The overhead garage door was open, he left the box up by the door leading into the house from the garage. The guy called in a complaint saying he felt violated by the intrusion. You're better off leaving stuff out in the rain in a bag.

Funny, god forbid driver left door tag and package not received and same person calls ranting about not getting there package. Damned in you do, damned if you don't.

MAKAVELI

Couldn't agree with you more......

I can see it now. Fedex or Brown walks in garage to deliver box and black man shoots him thinking his privacy being invaded. Cities will shut down, looting will happen, thugs will come out of woods. Oh wait, it would have to be a white man shooting a black delivery attendant for the above to happen.

Regardless, I am happy boxes were delivered and extra effort was made but that is NOT the norm for many said reasons above....
You had to bring race into this topic?:confused:

SmithBarney

Cause the express guy probably moved it off the front porch... I move the HD packages all the time.. last one I moved was a 40lb box that was left right in front of an outward swinging storm door...

Why is there a Home Delivery label on the box?

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Maybe your express driver knows you're a UPS'er.
I know who on my rte. is a UPS'er and / or letter carrier and they get extra service. Heck, I del'd to a UPS'er today.

overflowed

Maybe your express driver knows you're a UPS'er.
I know who on my rte. is a UPS'er and / or letter carrier and they get extra service. Heck, I del'd to a UPS'er today.
I give that extra service to the people that do the job too. But you called the post person letter carrier. Have you guys seen the usps trucks in the morning? Bricked out worse than a ups truck with straight boxes. I mess with them and say crap like "Damn, you guys don't even deliver mail anymore." Some give me the death look. I take my dog out late for her last walk pretty late. I see USPS trucks still delivering at like 8-9. Amazon has too much power over the industry.

SmithBarney

Too much power? it is a consumer driven economy.. we just are the carriers... If we don't ship it, Amazon will find someone who will... "ship or get off the pot..."

overflowed

Too much power? it is a consumer driven economy.. we just are the carriers... If we don't ship it, Amazon will find someone who will... "ship or get off the pot..."
I asked a mailman about them delivering Sundays now. He said we only deliver Amazon on Sunday. You think that's not power?

Artee

Why is there a Home Delivery label on the box?
Express delivers ground packages, but when they relabel them they are supposed to cover up the Ground label. We used to get a 53' ground trailer at our ramp a couple times a week with freight that were not going to make commit through the Ground system. Would get relabeled and delivered by Express the next day. You ever wonder how Ground gets its freight to Honolulu? I wonder how much Ground is paying us for that service?

MAKAVELI

Express delivers ground packages, but when they relabel them they are supposed to cover up the Ground label. We used to get a 53' ground trailer at our ramp a couple times a week with freight that were not going to make commit through the Ground system. Would get relabeled and delivered by Express the next day. You ever wonder how Ground gets its freight to Honolulu? I wonder how much Ground is paying us for that service?
That explains how FedEx claims ground service is faster than UPS many areas sneaky bastards.

dezguy

That explains how FedEx claims ground service is faster than UPS many areas sneaky bastards.
Every now and then we'll get a surge of Lulu Lemon yoga pants that usually go ground, usually when grounds network is all backed up. Gets relabled with Express astra labels but you can see the ground label underneath.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Cause the express guy probably moved it off the front porch... I move the HD packages all the time.. last one I moved was a 40lb box that was left right in front of an outward swinging storm door...

I move a lot of USPS, UPS, Ground packages from out of the rain on my route. They put them on the edge of porches as if they can't walk up the stairs. I'll move them to the door with my foot then cover them with my package in the bag.

M

Mike hunt

so asked the wife If we got any packages today. She said I didn't see any on the porch. Well she beat me home and I knew fedex was delivering most of the stuff. Figured they came after she got home and didn't bother knocking. Opened the front door and found this.

I guess the express driver didn't think the porch was out of site out of weather enough. So he took the packages around back and opened up my screen door to my garage and placed them on my work bench. I'm impressed.
Looks like service doesn't know the boundaries of companies. You can get people who care either or.