GPS vs MAPS

Doubleparkedrunner

Thats the point of Dynamic Orion, it not only maps out your route to your next stop but shows you the route for the one after that. Trust me you wont need gps Google maps etc we will all be told to work as directed or face progressive disciple. Then if you do it your way your excess miles become stealing, either way no later than the end of next year it will be company wide
I get paid by the hour so if they want me to do it my way I will;

if they want me to follow their maps, their Orion, use a crystal ball or use a stick to do a little dousing , it's all the same to me.

if they give me 8 hours or 12 hours dispatch, I just do it one stop at a time , safely and at a fair pace. they never hear any complaints from me so when I hear them complain TO me about something I just brush it off and give my Mona Lisa smile clearly emitting my ambivalence to their silliness.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Thats the point of Dynamic Orion, it not only maps out your route to your next stop but shows you the route for the one after that. Trust me you wont need gps Google maps etc we will all be told to work as directed or face progressive disciple. Then if you do it your way your excess miles become stealing, either way no later than the end of next year it will be company wide
Thats fine; the first time my “Dynamic ORION” tells me to go up a tractor path thru the middle of a vineyard that mistakenly shows up on the map as a marked road....I will work as directed, bury the truck up to the axles in mud, and then call the center to await further instructions. I get paid the same either way...

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Its all relative.

!.We never had "extra time" even back then. All routes were time studied.
2. Some days were good and some were bad.
3. I don't know if UPS has always had tracking but they sure have since 1971 when I started. We turned in our delivery records every night and they were stored for something like 3 years. We had driver follow-ups just like today only back then if you couldn't prove it was delivered the chances were good it would be coming out of your paycheck.
4. Taking extra time to find your way around was just another reason to be called into the office. Any time you were over allowed to got talked to. I had some smart ass comment made to me damn near every morning. In one ear and out the other.
5. The reason you are all getting back so late now is because you let things get out of control over the years. Give UPS an inch and they will take a mile.
6. It really is apples to apples in the long run.
7.Contrary to what you believe it wasn't all peaches and cream back then. We had to fight to keep working conditions in check .

I just wonder what some of these kids now would do if they only had a cardfile to get them through the day.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I covered and bid on a lot of rural routes and depended on cardfiles.
I used Google maps as a better than paper map. These morons using turn by turn directions are a different story though.

Some idiot might think that's creative. Probably is hiding from his wife in the basement watching a black and white tv.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I'll tell you what man the post offices i have tried to get maps or even directions from lately have been completely worthless.

We had one like that. New postmaster didn’t want to play nice.

He had all his packages sent to his PO box. After we sent half a dozen or so back, he came around.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We had one like that. New postmaster didn’t want to play nice.

He had all his packages sent to his PO box. After we sent half a dozen or so back, he came around.
Problem now is these post masters are shipped all over to cover vacations and get their hours in since many are only open 4 hours a day.

Can't tell you how many times I've heard. Man I drove 45 miles to get here. I'm only here this week. I've got no idea.