Gravel Dust

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We are a bonus center so it still pays to drive fast on gravel and I’m already not doing much actual work.
Don’t do it man. You’ll end up in an accident eventually trust me been there.

And now they’ll just look at your gps and say why were you going 50 on gravel.....you’re fired

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Request a fan, shut both doors, open driver side window. I run probably 50 or 60 miles of dirt roads per day and it's the only thing I've found that works. As far as dust in the back, UPS vehicles are designed to create a suction that draws in dust from the rear door. I never get over about 25 on such roads, sometimes 15, depending on conditions. It will drastically reduce dust (and stop count, too). We can always tell when a young gun runs a route. The dust is an inch thick in the back.

Again, on my old route, that didn’t work. The majority of the gravel roads on that route were 55 MPH roads. 25 MPH wasn’t an option. In the end, nothing stopped the dust, other than rain. The masks just kept it out of my lungs.

clarnzz

Don’t do it man. You’ll end up in an accident eventually trust me been there.

And now they’ll just look at your gps and say why were you going 50 on gravel.....you’re fired
Really? They have never told us to drive slow on gravel and the speed limit is 55. Some guys in our center run 70 mph all day.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Really? They have never told us to drive slow on gravel and the speed limit is 55. Some guys in our center run 70 mph all day.
Ups will never tell you to slow down. See what happens when you have that big wreck. There seems to be no solution to your dust problems that you are willing to try, so I'm done responding.

clarnzz

Ups will never tell you to slow down. See what happens when you have that big wreck. There seems to be no solution to your dust problems that you are willing to try, so I'm done responding.
I’m gonna try the mask and see if that is doable, I just can’t drive 25 on gravel all day, I would go mad, and yes I know anytime you have an accident they will go to all lengths to blame you.

Dracula

I never went over 55 mph on 55 roads, because I got paid by the hour. But you guys are sadly mistaken if you think I was going to drive 25 in a 55 zone. Good luck defending your job when someone slams into the back of your package car, and your telemetry shows you were going 26 on a 55 road.

Dracula

I’m gonna try the mask and see if that is doable, I just can’t drive 25 on gravel all day, I would go mad, and yes I know anytime you have an accident they will go to all lengths to blame you.

Just drive to the conditions. 70 in a 55 ain’t it.

Dracula

Just remember if you wreck above the speed limit, particularly a wreck with injuries, you’re done here.

Dracula

It would probably be a long drawn out fight. I got lucky. I knew it was a gravel route and I had an industrial supply shop on my previous route. I asked them if I could buy some masks, but the gave me a big box of N95 masks. That box lasted the entire 18 months I was on that route.