Ground Folks: Reactions to Delivering Express

bbsam

Staff member
@dmac1
All you are saying is that the FedEx contract leans too far in their favor. You are saying that for them to business with me, they require in writing that I comply with too many rules and regulations. I’m not sure hat I disagree with you.

However, you can’t really believe that they can have no say in how I do things can we? Do you believe that they can’t set performance or safety or training standards? Can they not insist that I comply with federal, state and local laws? Is that what you believe independence is? That doesn’t make much sense.

bacha29

I created a whole thread for you to post this type of nonsense in.
FDX stockholders can vote their shares..... You can't.... And that makes all the difference in the world. The only vote you've got is to vote on when to quit.. That's the only move you've got. Other than that, you do exactly what you're told to do and when to do it..... and how to do it.... Oh, that's right. it's merely a "suggestion" as they tried to make the court believe.

bacha29

Shuttle locations are becoming pretty popular with rural contractors. I’ve heard of several contractors doing exactly what you describe.
And just what the hell do you know about rural operations Mr. Twelve Stem Miles and your major metro routes where you're tires never come in contact with an unpaved surface?

bbsam

Staff member
FDX stockholders can vote their shares..... You can't.... And that makes all the difference in the world. The only vote you've got is to vote on when to quit.. That's the only move you've got. Other than that, you do exactly what you're told to do and when to do it..... and how to do it.... Oh, that's right. it's merely a "suggestion" as they tried to make the court believe.
Generally speaking, I mow and paint soccer fields this time of year. I’m not sure if “they” are telling me to do that or not. I guess the subject has never come up.
C94B35C6-CCC6-4AAE-840C-11E381147D2D.png

It will be fine

And just what the hell do you know about rural operations Mr. Twelve Stem Miles and your major metro routes where you're tires never come in contact with an unpaved surface?
There’s this thing called the internet. There are also many conferences for FedEx contractors where operations are discussed. Some people leave the small town they were born in. You might want to give it a try.

bacha29

@dmac1
All you are saying is that the FedEx contract leans too far in their favor. You are saying that for them to business with me, they require in writing that I comply with too many rules and regulations. I’m not sure hat I disagree with you.

However, you can’t really believe that they can have no say in how I do things can we? Do you believe that they can’t set performance or safety or training standards? Can they not insist that I comply with federal, state and local laws? Is that what you believe independence is? That doesn’t make much sense.
It's their way or it's "Hasta La Vista Baby". Every single thing you do every single day is strictly within the FXG command and control structure. Just like prison. You can move around inside a bit but you can't go outside it.

bacha29

Generally speaking, I mow and paint soccer fields this time of year. I’m not sure if “they” are telling me to do that or not. I guess the subject has never come up.View attachment 336584
What a weak response. Deflecting again I see. Being out there cutting grass doesn't in any way shape your form define the nature of your subjugation to FXG. You and IWBF can try side step and deflect all you want but you are in full and complete lock step and fully subservient to FXG you won't be there long. And chances are you'll be joining the 22,183 other people in and around your locale trying to make a living cutting grass.

bacha29

There’s this thing called the internet. There are also many conferences for FedEx contractors where operations are discussed. Some people leave the small town they were born in. You might want to give it a try.
Oh you so you got it off the internet? LMAO. Glad to see that you admit the fact that you're not out there doing it yourself because unless you are nothing else matters.

bbsam

Staff member
What a weak response. Deflecting again I see. Being out there cutting grass doesn't in any way shape your form define the nature of your subjugation to FXG. You and IWBF can try side step and deflect all you want but you are in full and complete lock step and fully subservient to FXG you won't be there long. And chances are you'll be joining the 22,183 other people in and around your locale trying to make a living cutting grass.
I don’t know about you, but I think 27 years is a long time.

bbsam

Staff member
Oh you so you got it off the internet? LMAO. Glad to see that you admit the fact that you're not out there doing it yourself because unless you are nothing else matters.

I’ve met guys that are doing it in person. It would be a strange thing to lie about.
Etruckbiz has a lot of interesting FedEx Ground information in blog form. If you’re interested in where the company is heading, they seem to be highly knowledgeable. I think a lot of them are former Ground management.

bacha29

Yes. And he could cheerfully fill volumes.

But it's far from all nonsense. Although sometimes often repetitive and eyeroll inducing.

I admire his tenacity. Although it borders on pathological.

I use him as miners would use a canary:

When the day comes he fails to opine on the subject of FedEx I will know that he has become incapacitated. Or that the Black Helicopters have arrived in Jim-bob-we and he is busying himself with turning in his neighbors for stockpiling guns for bread line privileges while eagerly and gratuitously prosthelytizing himself to the New World Order.
If it was so great.... why did you quit?

throwaway10

Wait until the plan to second sort around 11;30 -noon gets underway. Little chance that rural area jocks will get back in time to reload off a second sort. Chances are it will mean that instead of 1 full load dispatch going out to an area it will mean 2 trucks , 2 half loads and 2 times the mileage expended. Should be fun.
It's already underway, our second sort can't handle it, we have 3 drivers going where 1 driver use to cover.

throwaway10

Express is going to screw Ground contractors royally on this. They’ll force them to buy new trucks and hire people then give them freight from Express and take it away on a whim leaving contractors holding the bag.
ground is already sending these packages back to express, they relabel them and they go back into our system sometimes days after commit.

dmac1

@dmac1

No- I am saying that they can't control who you hire, how many employees you must have as a minimum, or how you want to get the work accomplished. You must control the manner of producing the desired results if you are really independent UNDER THE LAW. Fedex has merely managed to make you so dependent that you can't even use the law to enforce the independence you claim. If you even tried to pay your drivers as contractors like Uber and lyft, you would be violating a condition solely included to make fedex safer. At best, you are a contract employee with a budget to perform work for the company based on the size of the area and population/area demand.
Your budget is disguised as payment for services, but is really a carefully controlled amount with you have very limited chance to increase your profit through innovation. If you had aa few packages discovered after dispatch, could you call an Uber driver or a local delivery service to deliver them instead of buying or renting an extra vehicle that would only be used intermittently??? No. If you were really a legally independent business, fedex would only set the outcome they desire, not how you achieve it.