Ground owners get ready to drive again

bbsam

Staff member
" Treat them well"? I won't buy that until I hear from them. Again just because you and IWBF have in the past and will for the time being are able to procure enough labor to fulfill your Ground mandates doesn't mean that advantage exists nationwide or will continue far into the future. And the demographic numbers clearly cast doubts on whether you will.
Be honest. How many years have you been saying that exact thing? It’s been a long time, hasn’t it. And yet here I am. Still.

It will be fine

The do what they've always done. Take the loads of those who don't show up and stuff them into the trucks of those who do show up and are taken for a ride that day. Whether they get delivered or not is a contractor problem that requires a contractor solution. Just as long as that building is empty when they leave it. That's all that matters to station management.
So for the last 30 years that you’ve been around there has been enough labor to deliver the packages daily. Why should anyone take your chicken little act seriously?

Mutineer

UPS with it's industry leading pay and benefit plan doesn't need to "roll out the red carpet"
This much we can agree on. Maybe also cuz there is no shortage of labor?

Would it surprise you that an attractive, pleasant woman has too many helpers on moving day while her stink-beast, schizophrenic, clubfooted, Lesbian sister can't find anyone to help her move her boxes? This is exactly a metaphor For UPS and XG.
but can you disprove it?
That is a last-stand argument for debating the existence of ghosts.
Moreover, when you're the CEO of PUBLICLY TRADED.... Ryder Systems (stock symbol R) and you on broadcast TV talking about the status of your publicly traded company you had better get what you say right because eyes are watching and ears are listening including the
Securities and Exchange Commission.
Crying over a shortage of labor is never a bad strategy. And fits the narrative of those who want to turn the United States into a stratified, third-world dumping ground. I have seen this come to fruition in my hometown. Coming to your area someday.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
That is a myth perpetuated by business interests (and others with an agenda) in order to keep the costs of labor down and the demand for rental housing up. If I could, I would cheerfully send a never ending supply of surplus labor from California over to yer "holler."
How does a business benefit by perpetuating a shortage of labor ‘myth’?

And your homeless fellow Californians don’t qualify as viable labor.

Mutineer

How does a business benefit by perpetuating a shortage of labor ‘myth’?
In order to justify and encourage excessive immigration, increase the demand and cost of rental property, and to drive down wages by having a surplus of labor. Also as a scapegoat when an industry needs to raise their prices or fails to meet it's demands.

"Whaaa we need more werrrkers!"
And your homeless fellow Californians don’t qualify as viable labor.
Don't elevate these people by referring to them as my "fellow" Californians. The vast majority of these people originated from other states and countries.

Most homeless people are druggies, drunks, and/or mentally ill. It's no surprise they can't get hired. They are homeless because their own families won't take them in for obvious reasons. Also, very often their own families are incapable of helping them. Because they are also in precarious circumstances.

I have a fair amount of experience with people like this. I help one as we were good childhood friends. Everything I have helped him with over many years has come to naught. He has blundered, ruined, and destroyed every good or fortunate thing that has happened to him. Because of mental illness and addiction.

He has camped alone on the outskirts of town in the same spot for years. If I see him wandering around town I purposely avoid him as I can't stand talking to him anymore. We actually haven't talked in a few years. But sometimes (every two years or so) I can't avoid crossing his path. If the timing is right, (once every few months) I rush home, gather canned food, water, clothes, and old blankets and leave them at his spot before he can get back.

I purposely leave my old clothes so that if I see him wearing them, I will know he is getting my donations.

bacha29

This much we can agree on. Maybe also cuz there is no shortage of labor?

Would it surprise you that an attractive, pleasant woman has too many helpers on moving day while her stink-beast, schizophrenic, clubfooted, Lesbian sister can't find anyone to help her move her boxes? This is exactly a metaphor For UPS and XG.

That is a last-stand argument for debating the existence of ghosts.

Crying over a shortage of labor is never a bad strategy. And fits the narrative of those who want to turn the United States into a stratified, third-world dumping ground. I have seen this come to fruition in my hometown. Coming to your area someday.
Another consercuk reduced to having to fall back on the Fox News narrative.

bacha29

So for the last 30 years that you’ve been around there has been enough labor to deliver the packages daily. Why should anyone take your chicken little act seriously?
Only the scores of contractors and terminal managers who are on the nationwide job boards begging for help.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Absolutely they will. If they feel it’s needed to keep the golden goose laying the golden eggs they most certainly will.

You really need to see this how a business sees it to understand it. They don’t care if drivers are happy or contractors are making a lot of money. They really couldn’t care less. Only when their business begins to fail at an unacceptable rat will they adjust. But they will adjust. Not doing so is bad for business.
Crap, FedEx has made LOTS of moves that are bad for business. Pissing off customers is their latest work of art.

Mutineer

Another consercuk reduced to having to fall back on the Fox News narrative.
Another angry, ranting hillbilly who anxiously awaits the arrival of The Black Helicopters.
But for all the wrong reasons.

If you can accept that itzy and sam are probably very nearly almost always correct and insightful when they share their perspective on their business relationship with XG, maybe you will find a measure of inner peace and be nicer.

bbsam

Staff member
so why did Chewy start shipping all there Shi* thru express. Because ground cant handle it
When did this happen? I was away from the building all week last week so didn’t see anything. Normally see a ton of that stuff every day.

Nolimitz

My truck has been stuffed with Chewy for the last month or so. It use to be just the little stuff/toys now its the 40lb boxes

It will be fine

My truck has been stuffed with Chewy for the last month or so. It use to be just the little stuff/toys now its the 40lb boxes
It might be from the Indy Ground hub. A lot of Chewy for the Midwest and into the East coast normally goes through there. They are still having staffing issues after the shooting.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
When the owners drive, do they also nose dive into handicap spots?

20210519_111113.jpg