Ground owners get ready to drive again

Mutineer

I am being nice to them by trying to keep them from falling into a false sense of security.
LMAO! No, no, no. You're a sadist with a deeply entrenched cognitive bias.

You would like nothing more than for someone else's pretty pony to kick down it's corral, and be descended upon by wolves.
The misfortunes of those you have petty disagreements with provide you with an ecstasy approaching orgasm.
And you're frustrated because your fantasy of doom and gloom in Freddy's Fun House isn't coming to fruition quickly enough.

bacha29

No. I’m saying you’ve been wrong about the contract every day for years and you’re wrong again today.
What I do know about that contract is that NOTHING"S BINDING. They revise it, amend it, and even flat out ignore it and there ain't a damn thing you can do about it except to keep your mouth shut and just eat it and smile.

bbsam

Staff member
What I do know about that contract is that NOTHING"S BINDING. They revise it, amend it, and even flat out ignore it and there ain't a damn thing you can do about it except to keep your mouth shut and just eat it and smile.
Why does it need to be binding if they want to build the market? Why do you think they don’t want the routes to be valuable and have companies lining up to do business wit them?

You’re so small minded in business.

MAKAVELI

Because your only conception is from 15 years ago, not 5 years from now.

3 months ago, guy had his for sale at $1.5 million. 3 days later had an offer of $1.2 million. Turned it down. Second offer at $1.5 million. Decided not to sell.

As I’ve said before, the timetable has accelerated.
Timetable for what?

bacha29

Why does it need to be binding if they want to build the market? Why do you think they don’t want the routes to be valuable and have companies lining up to do business wit them?

You’re so small minded in business.
Does you contract clearly and specifically state that the objective is to create equity and to build enterprise value for contractors?
Remember, it was only under the threat of an Internal Revenue Service lawsuit did the company grudgingly grant contractors goodwill and proprietary rights. They fought that issue right up to the point where they finally had to stubbornly grant the minimum and only the minimum amount of concessions required to stave off being sued.

And by the way, I'm large enough minded about business to know that you're only as good as the terms and the language that describes those terms in the document you sign. And I know that Fat Freddy isn't going to go around writing customized individual contracts to suit the desires of every contractor.

bbsam

Staff member
Does you contract clearly and specifically state that the objective is to create equity and to build enterprise value for contractors?
Remember, it was only under the threat of an Internal Revenue Service lawsuit did the company grudgingly grant contractors goodwill and proprietary rights. They fought that issue right up to the point where they finally had to stubbornly grant the minimum and only the minimum amount of concessions required to stave off being sued.

And by the way, I'm large enough minded about business to know that you're only as good as the terms and the language that describes those terms in the document you sign. And I know that Fat Freddy isn't going to go around writing customized individual contracts to suit the desires of every contractor.
You’re absolutely right. FedEx has no interest in creating equity for contractors. They want to make money.

So the question is, what’s in it for them?

Since you’re not interested enough in seeking out the answers on your own, I’ll just give it to you.

Fedex is moving hub and sort operations over to contractors.

bacha29

You’re absolutely right. FedEx has no interest in creating equity for contractors. They want to make money.

Since you’re not interested enough in seeking out the answers on your own, I’ll just give it to you.

I told you that a couple of years ago but you said that you didn't think that they would cede that much power over to contractors . Now the really big money including foreign interests , private equity and hedge funds will come rolling in. I hope that this doesn't turn out bad for you.

bbsam

Staff member
I told you that a couple of years ago but you said that you didn't think that they would cede that much power over to contractors . Now the really big money including foreign interests , private equity and hedge funds will come rolling in. I hope that this doesn't turn out bad for you.
Yes. The big money will be rolling in. That’s what I said. That’s when I’m looking to get out.

dmac1

If I told you that I plan to borrow another $500k in the next 5 years above vehicle purchases, you’d think I was crazy, no? I guess it all has to do with what people are comfortable with in investments.

To me, $500k doesn’t feel like a crazy amount because considering the changes coming, a practical selling price may realistically approach $10 million.

But if all you see is the day to day headaches, there’s really no way to see through to the potential.
Who would pay $10 million for a contract that has no guarantee of being renewed????? That is a huge gamble no one with a brain would take. People don't get to being able to afford $10 million by taking huge risks,

bbsam

Staff member
If you're looking to get out that must also mean that you realize at some point that cash cow will dry up.
No. It means I’m honest about the fact that at that point I don’t want the headaches. In 5 years I’ll be 58. There’s a lot to see and do in the world.

bbsam

Staff member
Who would pay $10 million for a contract that has no guarantee of being renewed????? That is a huge gamble no one with a brain would take. People don't get to being able to afford $10 million by taking huge risks,
Still thinking small. Not people. Companies. Like regional trucking companies. Companies that on day one have the line haul operations ready to plug and play.

You really think $10 million is a lot of money?

bbsam

Staff member
If you have a $200 million company, $10 million isn’t a huge risk. And if you’re partnering with a Fortune 500 company, it’s likely a sound investment. That’s the market they are creating.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
If I told you that I plan to borrow another $500k in the next 5 years above vehicle purchases, you’d think I was crazy, no? I guess it all has to do with what people are comfortable with in investments.

To me, $500k doesn’t feel like a crazy amount because considering the changes coming, a practical selling price may realistically approach $10 million.

But if all you see is the day to day headaches, there’s really no way to see through to the potential.
Sounds like purple koolaid to me.

bacha29

Doing so would at least on the surface make pretty good sense. Fed ex in most cases doesn't own the building but rather leases them from third parties who built to fed ex specs. By turning them over to third party proprietors to run the place they would be eliminating at least 2 and perhaps 3 tiers of facility management and the legacy costs they would create in the future. Fedex employed managers at the facility would either have to go to work for the new proprietor and possibly at reduced pay, go get new jobs or becomes the facility proprietor themselves.