Ground subcontractors, Listen to your drivers!

bbsam

Staff member
Got several v10 Fords. Had a campaign already to tighten loose harmonic balancer bolts. Not sure what mileage they get, but a lot of fuel could have been bought for them with all the money blown on those POS IHC VT365s at nearly 12k a pop. Low 6s seem to be the average for the Chevy powered package cars.
We’ve had several v10s with catastrophic failure. Personally I’ve had 2. Supposedly there’s a recall on them.

It will be fine

Only reason I got out of diesels was because our local management was on a “deadline oil leak vehicles”.

Trying to get 400000 mile diesels buttoned up to not leave a drop every couple days was impossible,
My local management is more reasonable. They’ll let us slide with “cold” leaks that seal up when at operating temp. DEF is an issue though, but there are work arounds that make it less of a problem.

bbsam

Staff member
My local management is more reasonable. They’ll let us slide with “cold” leaks that seal up when at operating temp. DEF is an issue though, but there are work arounds that make it less of a problem.
And that’s one thing I absolutely hate about the Agreement. My bottom line suffered $70000 over about 2 years chasing oil leaks and painting stuff that 98% of the company wouldn’t say a word about.

Completely hateful management staff.

STFXG

And that’s one thing I absolutely hate about the Agreement. My bottom line suffered $70000 over about 2 years chasing oil leaks and painting stuff that 98% of the company wouldn’t say a word about.

Completely hateful management staff.
The old “that’s just blowby from the vent tube” argument didn’t hold up?

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
We’ve had several v10s with catastrophic failure. Personally I’ve had 2. Supposedly there’s a recall on them.
New bulletin out on the v10 about a cam follower issue. The newer chevies have an issue up with intake rockers breaking and possibly dropping the valve.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Trying to get 400000 mile diesels buttoned up to not leave a drop every couple days was impossible

Audi and vw uses a belly pan as an oil catch since they're notorious for oil leaks!

splashshield3.jpg

It's a paper towel egg carton material that soaks up the oil!

the engineers knew that their engines will spring oil leaks so they devised this to keep customers' driveways and garage floors dry...

Your mechanic should have fabricated a similar belly pan for those vehicles

MAKAVELI

Audi and vw uses a belly pan as an oil catch since they're notorious for oil leaks!

splashshield3.jpg

It's a paper towel egg carton material that soaks up the oil!

the engineers knew that their engines will spring oil leaks so they devised this to keep customers' driveways and garage floors dry...

Your mechanic should have fabricated a similar belly pan for those vehicles
I'm pretty sure that's not intended to soak up oil but insulation to lessen noise.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I'm pretty sure that's not intended to soak up oil but insulation to lessen noise.

I dunno Mak, other makes/ models don't have that layer of paper type fabric on their under belly pans... Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Subaru, gmc, Ford, only has a plastic "skid plate" or air diverter

Some suv and trucks are made of metal! Some Aftermarket skid plates are of aluminum, and so forth.

I've seen them 1st hand on a brother in law's Audi vehicles and you can search around the net about them

MAKAVELI

I dunno Mak, other makes/ models don't have that layer of paper type fabric on their under belly pans... Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Subaru, gmc, Ford, only has a plastic "skid plate" or air diverter

Some suv and trucks are made of metal! Some Aftermarket skid plates are of aluminum, and so forth.

I've seen them 1st hand on a brother in law's Audi vehicles and you can search around the net about them
Most cars are plastic. The plastic pans are merely there to keep debris out and reduce drag. I can see an Audi putting insulation to reduce noise. It's pretty rediculous to think a manufacturer would put something on a car to catch known oil leak issues.

MAKAVELI

Lower Belly Pan - Sound Dampening Pan

newgirl

22 year old ground driver died on I4 and 75 in Tampa today. Tire blowout and he wasn't wearing his seatbelt. Made me think of this thread. Not accusing, blaming or putting fault on anyone, but just a reminder to pretrip and wear your seatbelt.

bacha29

it doesn't say either came off.
I see now where the tire and the wheel nuts were grinding against the car. That contractor is going to get an ear full. You know "preventable accident ". Even if the guy had hit a piece of road debris in X's mind's eye it would have still been preventable even if it meant swerving into the other lane of traffic in order to avoid hitting it.