Ground subcontractors, Listen to your drivers!

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Bump, geezus FXG mechanic...

When I say I hear brake squeal on a Monday & u didn't pull the rim off to do a visual inspection, this is wut happenz after 900 miles :

2019-09-09 20.06.21.jpg

2019-09-09 20.13.45.jpg

2019-09-09 20.11.41.jpg

At least I saved the caliper so it won't lose the 2 pistons...

2019-09-09 20.18.58.jpg

"Parts on order, OK to run"

My @$s....

bacha29

Bump, geezus FXG mechanic...

When I say I hear brake squeal on a Monday & u didn't pull the rim off to do a visual inspection, this is wut happenz after 900 miles :

View attachment 263405

View attachment 263406

View attachment 263407

At least I saved the caliper so it won't lose the 2 pistons...

View attachment 263410

"Parts on order, OK to run"

My @$s....
So after running your usual 70 hours on the road you'll spend Saturday night and all day Sunday doing a complete brake job. If you're dumb enough to do it have at it. Just remember at FXG stop gap measures become permanent solutions.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian

OrioN

Funny thing is the pedal wasn't spongy at all since all the other 3 were ok... just the squealing turned into grinding @ about Thursday. Every morning, I asked "where's the mechanic?"... oh well

I just got a set of brake pads, slapped em on & will have the mechanic change em out on Monday. like I said, brake jobs are easy & this vehicle is my best tool for my particular route. I don't want someone else's crappy truck or rental vehicle

I bought him some time now since I put that other pad to sacrifice it's remaining life on that scarred rotor.

Just that the one mechanic to take care of 100+ vehicles over 2 terminals is kinda dumb for this subcontractor group... I'm seeing similar conditions with others & he just can't keep up with the workload. Open your friggin eyes & see that he needs a mechanic at each terminal!

WtF, FedEx isn't paying your investor group enough to keep these trucks maintained?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Funny thing is the pedal wasn't spongy at all since all the other 3 were ok... just the squealing turned into grinding @ about Thursday. Every morning, I asked "where's the mechanic?"... oh well

I just got a set of brake pads, slapped em on & will have the mechanic change em out on Monday. like I said, brake jobs are easy & this vehicle is my best tool for my particular route. I don't want someone else's crappy truck or rental vehicle

I bought him some time now since I put that other pad to sacrifice it's remaining life on that scarred rotor.

Just that the one mechanic to take care of 100+ vehicles over 2 terminals is kinda dumb for this subcontractor group... I'm seeing similar conditions with others & he just can't keep up with the workload. Open your friggin eyes & see that he needs a mechanic at each terminal!

WtF, FedEx isn't paying your investor group enough to keep these trucks maintained?
The company has been real cheap about stuff like this over on the Express side too. Used to be a mechanic could keep commonly used parts in stock. Nowadays they have to jump thru hoops and an act of congress to order parts.

OrioN

It was an easy stop gap , took 15 minutes with hand tools... I do feel sorry for my mechanic.

Just be glad FXE is hourly, so if u break down on route, easy$$$, while a FXG driver will get nada for a road call/ tow

Plus, I'm not Knight Ridah without my KiTT

OrioN

Wait, your mechanics don't have access to local parts suppliers, usually with a volume discount & can have it delivered by their local parts drivers???

McFeely

Huge Member
Most parts at my station come with our inbound freight, except for our retreads. Those come somewhat regularly to keep a few on hand for when we have a tire failure.

MAKAVELI

Wait, your mechanics don't have access to local parts suppliers, usually with a volume discount & can have it delivered by their local parts drivers???
Local parts suppliers can't offer the discounts national suppliers can and in many areas for our specialized vehicles, most local suppliers don't have the inventory anyway.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Most parts at my station come with our inbound freight, except for our retreads. Those come somewhat regularly to keep a few on hand for when we have a tire failure.

Shhhhh, don't tell the others! They've got their narrative and they're sticking to it.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Shhhhh, don't tell the others! They've got their narrative and they're sticking to it.
Nothing more cost-effective than taking a vehicle out of service for a brake light bulb, a fan belt, or one of those pesky windshield wipers!

You’re right,@59 Dano, it takes a special kind of mentality to do your job.