Grounds growth

P

prodriver

The sky seems to be the limit for ground with new terminals going up all across the country and volume growing at leaps and bounds. Even brown knows we've got a big piece of the pie now. The naysayers have to admit ground is here to stay.

DRAisawesome

We will see if the ground drivers salaries go up around the country and grow as fast as ground is. I bet they will. That's how that model works.

P

prodriver

We will see if the ground drivers salaries go up around the country and grow as fast as ground is. I bet they will. That's how that model works.

Several things have to be working with the model or the doors would have closed a long time ago instead the model is doing just the opposite-growing not staying at current clip but growing. There has been very few people leave this year so the money must not be as bad as some would like to believe.

STFXG

Several things have to be working with the model or the doors would have closed a long time ago instead the model is doing just the opposite-growing not staying at current clip but growing. There has been very few people leave this year so the money must not be as bad as some would like to believe.

The majority leaving my building have been leaving because they get fired. Few quitting.

Sent using BrownCafe App

P

prodriver

To be a manager is one thing but I have yet to see a driver leave Express to Ground to drive.

I haven't seen that either, the guy he hired is running his overflow and getting routes setup etc. But he's not running nowhere close to a full route.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The sky seems to be the limit for ground with new terminals going up all across the country and volume growing at leaps and bounds. Even brown knows we've got a big piece of the pie now. The naysayers have to admit ground is here to stay.

Ground is here to stay as long as the ISP/IC scam business model survives. Without WalMart wages, there would be a big problem. Just like WalMart...subsidized labor for Mr. Smith.

Slick silver

Just like all transportation companies the rates will start to climb. When drivers start to demand more money and contractors start demanding more money to run there routes, the system will begin to crumble. It's only a matter of time.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Ground is here to stay as long as the ISP/IC scam business model survives. Without WalMart wages, there would be a big problem. Just like WalMart...subsidized labor for Mr. Smith.

The business model is sound and makes a lot of sense. I do agree that the wages need to be addressed.

Just like all transportation companies the rates will start to climb. When drivers start to demand more money and contractors start demanding more money to run there routes, the system will begin to crumble. It's only a matter of time.

This will not happen until the demand for qualified applicants exceeds the supply.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I encountered an Express driver who must have been a former Ground employee yesterday. He parked on the wrong side of the street and left the engine running while making his delivery. He then continued down the street, turned around and went back down the street past the point where he had parked illegally. Why didn't he do the turn around before making the delivery?

Serf

Old heads at my station are of the mindset that 1) Ground will be the ones funding the pensions they have accumulated (because they make the most $ for FedEx) and 2) Express will eventually only be responsible for P1 freight. Shifting everything else to ground. Shrinking it to the smallest and most profitable it can possibly be in the future.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I encountered an Express driver who must have been a former Ground employee yesterday. He parked on the wrong side of the street and left the engine running while making his delivery. He then continued down the street, turned around and went back down the street past the point where he had parked illegally. Why didn't he do the turn around before making the delivery?
I think I know who that guy is - call sign: 'Maverick'. I once saw him in a 4g inverted dive with a MiG-28 going the wrong direction on a one-way street with his courier shorts on backwards and his fly down going mach2 with his (pubic) hair on fire. He's dangerous, but if I were a courier he could be my wingman any day.