Grounds growth

MAKAVELI

Why would we want express drivers? It's not completely different. Make pickups in window, make deliveries in window. Simple.

Sent using BrownCafe App
I'll tell you what why don't you email Fred S personally about your idea?I'm sure he would love to hear about it.

dezguy

Express is a whole different ballgame. FedEx would never give you the control to run Express and you would have probably three quarters of the employees quit rather than work for a contractor.

Considering I'm being forced to fix mistakes made by Ground on a seemingly weekly basis because their drivers won't, I doubt Express would be turned into the contractor model. Someone working for this company needs to retrieve packages and apparently Express is that opco.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Fred couldn't care less about his employees. He hasn't made those cuts as you described YET. But it's not out of the kindness of his heart. It's his cold calculating way of slowly cutting wages and benefits to keep any mass uprising from beginning.

If you had any idea what you were talking about...

59 Dano

Express is a whole different ballgame. FedEx would never give you the control to run Express and you would have probably three quarters of the employees quit rather than work for a contractor.

...to be replaced by new employees who have no problem with it.

There are stations that make no money. They would be the 1st ones to be subbed out.

MAKAVELI

...to be replaced by new employees who have no problem with it.

There are stations that make no money. They would be the 1st ones to be subbed out.
Yawn.........
More empty threats from Fred's lap dog. Get a real job son. I'm sure the calluses on your knees are painful.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Damp is right---if Express were to ever adopt the contractor model there would be no shortage of qualified applicants willing to work under the terms and conditions of the contractor.

Sent using BrownCafe App

59 Dano

Yawn.........
More empty threats from Fred's lap dog. Get a real job son. I'm sure the calluses on your knees are painful.

Maybe you need a dictionary. I made no threat to anyone. I'm sure you can find a better job with your high level of education and demonstrated intelligence, so why do you stick with this one and :censored2:?

Last edited by a moderator:

MAKAVELI

Maybe you need a dictionary. I made no threat to anyone. I'm sure you can find a better job with your high level of education and demonstrated intelligence, so why do you stick with this one and :censored2:?
The way you defend FedEx, I would say you are the one taking it in the rear. I guess your qualifications got you into that position. :censored2:

59 Dano

The way you defend FedEx, I would say you are the one taking it in the rear. I guess your qualifications got you into that position. Get off your knees son!

Who is the one whining all the time? The job isn't that difficult, sonny boy. Maybe you just can't cut the mustard.

59 Dano

You're right, my job is not that difficult when compared to your job :censored2:

LOL, whatever. If you think that someone making a general comment about the labor market is making threats, then you probably need to finish your GED courses.

MAKAVELI

LOL, whatever. If you think that someone making a general comment about the labor market is making threats, then you probably need to finish your GED courses.
Of course it's not a threat, when Fred cares soooo much for his employees. He would neverrrr think of such a thing as firing all his drivers and forcing them to make a choice of taking unemployment or working for a contractor.;)

59 Dano

Of course it's not a threat, when Fred cares soooo much for his employees. He would neverrrr think of such a thing as firing all his drivers and forcing them to make a choice of taking unemployment or working for a contractor.;)

Well if you could read, you'd understand that he does not want to do that despite the pressure from others for him to do so. Just like he doesn't want to lay off people during slow periods and recall them when it gets busy. There are dozens of things he could do to boost the bottom line, all at the expense of the employee, that he is not willing to budge on.

Please don't let the facts get in the way of your dumb theories that you and other dumb people come up with.

MAKAVELI

Well if you could read, you'd understand that he does not want to do that despite the pressure from others for him to do so. Just like he doesn't want to lay off people during slow periods and recall them when it gets busy. There are dozens of things he could do to boost the bottom line, all at the expense of the employee, that he is not willing to budge on.

Please don't let the facts get in the way of your dumb theories that you and other dumb people come up with.
:censored2: Fred doesn't lay people off because he doesn't want the unemployment claims and it would take away his bs people first publicity. As far as making cuts, every year something is taken away. The next will be no different. He will take from his employees to pay for the NY lawsuit and the lawsuits that will be coming from the crash in Orland. Your loyalty to FedEx and Fred S is pathetic.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Damp is right---if Express were to ever adopt the contractor model there would be no shortage of qualified applicants willing to work under the terms and conditions of the contractor.

Sent using BrownCafe App

The Express business model requires employees, and R1a exhaustively explained why, so I'm not going to cover old territory. If Smith could have done it, he would have already done so....long ago.

59 Dano

The Express business model requires employees, and R1a exhaustively explained why, so I'm not going to cover old territory. If Smith could have done it, he would have already done so....long ago.

R1a's exhaustive explanations were not exactly accurate.

59 Dano

Fred is a multi billionaire. He hasn't even left crumbs on the table. You are a joke, son!

So you want to argue that Fred is greedy and without conscience while simultaneously arguing that he leaves money on the table because he's worried about what people think.

Wow.

MAKAVELI

So you want to argue that Fred is greedy and without conscience while simultaneously arguing that he leaves money on the table because he's worried about what people think.

Wow.
Like I said there is no money left on the table. They do cut routes and send people home just another way of laying off.