Guess RPCD pay progression for new contract

Its_a_me

"Most" employee's are in multi-employer health plans.

Going into negotiation's.... the IBT has a full financial prospectus for the various plans.

It's what determines the amount of contributions they need to negotiate to maintain the level of benefits.

Thats not going to change.

Good for most employees....but not all.

I am glad they have an estimate on what the costs will be but that is basically throwing darts blindfolded. Otherwise they are stating they have a complete handle on how rapid inflation will hit health care during periods of general inflation......which is complete non-sense. Every time wages go up, those without 5 year CBA locked-in contracts experience a rapid rise in wages. Those wages get pushed onto consumers as much as possible. With health care it's entirely possible.

And if you think the union has an idea of what cost and wages will be in the market place in 3-5 years: I would refer you to the fact that UPS paid more to PT employees than what the union bargained for in the last contract and called it a market rate adjustment. That's right all those experts that supplied information with a prospectus and tables and graphs meant so little the company decided it must out negotiate themselves and raise the wages---benefits are no different.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Good for most employees....but not all.

Who are these other Union employees ?

I would refer you to the fact that UPS paid more to PT employees than what the union bargained for in the last contract and called it a market rate adjustment.

I would refer you to the contract language.... that states that listed wages are the minimum.

The company has always had the ability to pay above that. Hence the term "market rate".

When 85% of PT people wash out or quit within a day or two, and find an easier job making more hourly wages,

What would you suggest the company do ? They did what they had to do.... and pay more money.

The contract doesn't prevent them from doing that.