Guess RPCD pay progression for new contract

I agree but think that will take away from what current employees raises will be. Hey, maybe O’Brien can pull this off.
Honestly the company doesn't have a choice on this one.

The starting part-time wage you can make just about anywhere else and get more hours.

Unfortunately many of these kids are not looking at this place as a career

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Everyone seems hyped up for $50 per hour right away, at the signing of this agreement, ain’t happening, gonna be regular wage increases just like it always has been. Not enough money to go around, part timers want theirs and outnumber drivers.
A jump to 45/46 immediately and then general wage increases getting us to 50 is reasonable.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I agree but think that will take away from what current employees raises will be. Hey, maybe O’Brien can pull this off.
Why should starting wages be our problem?

Let ups worry about what they have to pay to
Get people in the door. Let the union worry about increases after that.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
2023-$3,000 a month
2024-$3,000 " "
2025- $3,000 " "
2026- $3,000 " "
2027- $3,000 " "
you-poor-thing-poor-fellow.gif

Its_a_me

The current 6% inflation rate from 2022 means a 6% raise is needed to maintain spending power (which doesn't include compensation for company's record profitability during the last contract).

If inflation doesn't get tamed then it could be a very lean contract regardless---that is a potential issue with 5 year deals. COLA helps, but a 3% inflator means our paychecks are worth less today than a year ago even after that COLA adjustment. The GWI is what is making up for it--and that means there is zero reward for making the company the most profitable ever. This contract has to reflect that.

However, there are non-financial issues that must be addressed. And the union getting significant movement in those is how the company reels back in wages.

RPCD GWIAirPT existing New PT after Aug 1
2023 $44 $27 wage + $2.50 OR $21 which ever is higher$21 (have to be higher than Amazon's 19)
2024 $45$28.502023 # + $1$21.75
2025 $46.25 $302024 # + $1.25$22.75
2026 $47.75$31.752025 # + $1.50$24
2027 $50$342026 # + $2.25$25.50

The increase for PT'ers reflects the competition for low wage earners along with the Teamsters desire to organize Amazon. It's hard to organize if your star company's wages are less than the non-unionized facility (even if benefits aren't equal).

I expect the company to screw around with proposals to cut benefits such as limiting prescriptions on the formulary tables (think forced generics instead of brand names or having to pay for over the counter products instead of getting prescriptions covered) or forcing you to a doctor in their network with a higher out of network penalty--plus changing yearly deductible to 250/400 (individual/family) by the end of the contract. Maybe installing a yearly max on the dental payouts or increasing the number of years for a filling to be fixed and covered--something like that. But definitely sneaky stuff that doesn't show up in the bullet point highlights of a proposal.

Wages are important--but if they screw around with other things enough...you can get a 15% raise and still lose out in the transaction. Unless you are that 25 and under crowd on your parents insurance still. So lets stop focusing on dollar amount as the end all be all.

Last edited:

kforte36

The current 6% inflation rate from 2022 means a 6% raise is needed to maintain spending power (which doesn't include compensation for company's record profitability during the last contract).

If inflation doesn't get tamed then it could be a very lean contract regardless---that is a potential issue with 5 year deals. COLA helps, but a 3% inflator means our paychecks are worth less today than a year ago even after that COLA adjustment. The GWI is what is making up for it--and that means there is zero reward for making the company the most profitable ever. This contract has to reflect that.

However, there are non-financial issues that must be addressed. And the union getting significant movement in those is how the company reels back in wages.

2023 $44 $27wage + $2.50 OR $21 which ever is higher$21 (have to be higher than Amazon's 19)

The increase for PT'ers reflects the competition for low wage earners along with the Teamsters desire to organize Amazon. It's hard to organize if your star company's wages are less than the non-unionized facility (even if benefits aren't equal).

I expect the company to screw around with proposals to cut benefits such as limiting prescriptions on the formulary tables (think forced generics instead of brand names or having to pay for over the counter products instead of getting prescriptions covered) or forcing you to a doctor in their network with a higher out of network penalty--plus changing yearly deductible to 250/400 (individual/family) by the end of the contract. Maybe installing a yearly max on the dental payouts or increasing the number of years for a filling to be fixed and covered--something like that. But definitely sneaky stuff that doesn't show up in the bullet point highlights of a proposal.

Wages are important--but if they screw around with other things enough...you can get a 15% raise and still lose out in the transaction. Unless you are that 25 and under crowd on your parents insurance still. So lets stop focusing on dollar amount as the end all be all.
Very good points. I'm a young driver and the insurance is EXTREMELY important for me anyway. If insurance is changed the dollar amount raises won't matter as much.

Cowboy Mac

2023 $44 $27wage + $2.50 OR $21 which ever is higher$21 (have to be higher than Amazon's 19)

That’s a nice chart, but I didn’t know all that health care was in our contract. What article is dental fillings?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

The company doesn't have anything to do with the administration of the H&W plans.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
It's a company paid benefit and that contribution sets the plan's budget.

"Most" employee's are in multi-employer health plans.

Failure to take rising costs into it means budget cuts.

Going into negotiation's.... the IBT has a full financial prospectus for the various plans.

It's what determines the amount of contributions they need to negotiate to maintain the level of benefits.

Thats not going to change.