Gun Control Advocate-Actor Alec Baldwin Shoots Two People, Killing One

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
Calling it now.

Baldwin wanted to know what it felt like to kill someone. So thats exactly what he set out to do. And did it.
index.jpg

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
If the victims were black, the “news” coverage would be completely different.
Baldwin is the epitome of a “White privileged” liberal.
Everyone is getting the blame but him.

I completely agree he had the responsibility to not kill the woman, practice in a direction where should an accident happen no one gets hurt, check the gun HIMSELF, etc.

He should be charged with manslaughter, at least, relinquish his fortune to the victim/family and spend some time in Prison!

PT Car Washer

Unless dropped, impossible for a single action revolver or any revolver to fire unless cocked.
I thought you always left the hammer on an empty cylinder. Have the autopsy report said what the projectile was that killed the young woman? Everyone is throwing around live rounds and blank rounds like they are interchangeable. There should never be live ball ammunition on a movie set.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
If the victims were black, the “news” coverage would be completely different.
Baldwin is the epitome of a “White privileged” liberal.
Everyone is getting the blame but him.

I completely agree he had the responsibility to not kill the woman, practice in a direction where should an accident happen no one gets hurt, check the gun HIMSELF, etc.

He should be charged with manslaughter, at least, relinquish his fortune to the victim/family and spend some time in Prison!
Since he was the executive producer he can be charged with negligent homicide at least

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Written in 2009, the 65-page safety bulletin lays out the rules for all kinds of safety issues, but on the subject of how actors should use firearms, SAG is unambiguous:

Treat all weapons as though they are loaded and/or ready to use. Do not play with weapons and never point one at anyone, including yourself. Follow the directions of the Property Master and/or Weapons Handler regarding all weapons. [emphasis original]

bacha29

"those people" are called Americans, and they're not a threat to you except in the low probability of a gun incident driven by negligence. I'm hard on them.

But they are not the problem. You are.
And in what manner am I the problem? Simply because I'm not obsessed with guns as you obviously are? I have a closet full of them. They mean nothing to me outside of the fact that they remind me not to take the law into my own hands by tying to right what I alone see as a wrong.
As for the Baldwin accident. I trust the system . Bringing the matter to a just conclusion is a slow deliberate, step by step process designed to avoid a rush to judgement as you obviously are.