guns

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
That might be because Europe is so funny about civilians owning anything in military calibers. I'm not sure but since military sometimes uses 12 gauge that might have forced them into other sizes. Except for the British who are just odd by nature. For sure most countries in Europe are touchy about rifle and pistol in military calibers but I don't know about shotguns.
Probably so. have an Anschutz 22LR sporter that would have been great in 223. What can you get it in centerfire size, you ask? 22 Hornet.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I have a model 12. It's great for pheasant hunting where I walk for miles and miles through wheat fields. My buddy's full rib 12ga model 12 must have weighed another 2 lbs.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
TOS , forget about the Americans who can lawfully have a gun .
The real threat will be from illegals who the 7th Circuit Court now states that they have 2nd Amendment Rights .
The Milwaukee-Wisconsin Journal Sentinel reports that the decision was written by Judge Diane Wood “for a panel that included Judges Frank Easterbrook and Joel Flaum.”
In working through the case, Wood indicated that certain aspects of the language in District of Columbia v. Heller (2008) support the view “that all people, including non-U.S. citizens, whether or not they are authorized to be in the country, enjoy at least some rights under the Second Amendment.”
In a post-Heller world, where it is now clear that the Second Amendment right to bear arms is no second-class entitlement, we see no principled way to carve out the Second Amendment and say that the unauthorized (or maybe all noncitizens) are excluded. No language in the Amendment supports such a conclusion, nor, as we have said, does a broader consideration of the Bill of Rights.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/...ppeals-court-rules-b99561826z1-322737461.html

Babagounj

Strength through joy
On August 26 Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) spokesman Thomas Faison confirmed that Virginia gunman Vester Lee Flanagan bought his gun “weeks ago” and that “he apparently passed a background check” to get the gun.
The gun was a Glock 19 9mm.
Confirmation that Flanagan passed a background check means he joins numerous other attackers and alleged attackers who have passed background checks for their guns
These include John Russell Houser (Lafayette),
Muhammad Youssef Abdulazeez (Chattanooga),
Dylann Roof (Charleston),
Elton Simpson and Nadir Soofi (Garland),
Jared and Amanda Miller (Las Vegas),
Elliot Rodger (Santa Barabara),
Ivan Lopez (Fort Hood 2014),
Darion Marcus Aguilar (Maryland mall),
Karl Halverson Pierson (Arapahoe High School),
Paul Ciancia (LAX),
Andrew John Engeldinger (Minneapolis), Aaron Alexis (DC Navy Yard )
Tennis Melvin Maynard (West Virginia),
Wade Michael Page (Sikh Temple),
James Holmes (Aurora theater),
Jared Loughner (Tucson),
Nidal Hasan (Fort Hood 2009),
Jiverly Wong (Binghamton),
Seung-Hui Cho (Virginia Tech),
Naveed Haq (Seattle),
and Mark Barton (Atlanta).

Bottom rung

Better rush out to Walmart and scoop up the last of the assault style weapons they sell as they Walmart will STOP selling these weapons of death to the American pyschotic public.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/08/26/news/companies/walmart-ar-15-guns/index.html

Finally, some sanity starts to set into the retail world.

TOS.
Okay...I'll bite. Here's a little info for you. The bottom has fallen out of the armalite market. There isn't much money to be made on these anymore. You know what a armalite rifle is don't you?

Sanity? Hardly...follow the money.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Better rush out to Walmart and scoop up the last of the assault style weapons they sell as they Walmart will STOP selling these weapons of death to the American pyschotic public.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/08/26/news/companies/walmart-ar-15-guns/index.html

Finally, some sanity starts to set into the retail world.

TOS.
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) - Wal-Mart will stop selling the AR-15 rifle and other semi-automatic weapons at its stores because fewer people are buying them, a spokesman said Wednesday.

The AR-15 rifles and other modern sporting rifles were being sold at less than a third of the company's 4,600 U.S. stores. Company spokesman Kory Lundberg said Wal-Mart Stores Inc.

Lundberg said the company had seen a decrease in sales of the particular models of guns, but declined to give specific sales numbers. He said stores would increase inventory of other models of shotguns and rifles popular among hunters.

Wal-Mart scaled back the number of stores that sold guns around 2006, Lundberg said, but has no plans to stop the sale of guns all together.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Obama's next backdoor assault on 2nd Amendment

Secretary of State John Kerry once again signed the United Nations Arms Treaty on Wednesday .
The treaty would require nations to conduct a detailed registration of all guns.
The claimed purpose is to try to make sure that the gun trade is regulated across countries. The claim is that terrorist groups and other rebel groups around the world are getting guns because of private gun owners there. It ignores the fact that almost all the guns that these different groups get are from other governments, not from private individuals .
In theory, if a gun is used in the commission of a crime if left at the crime scene and it's registered to the person who committed the crime, then you can use that gun to trace back and find out who committed the crime,
The problem is that never really works. The reason is pretty simple. One, crime guns are rarely left at the scene. Two, when they are left at the scene, they're not registered to the person who committed the crime .
Hawaii has forced gun owners to register their weapons since 1960. . In fact, according Honolulu police chief, it was clear they had not been able to solve one single crime . Yet they waste 50,000 hours of police time each year .

Last edited:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Obama's next backdoor assault on 2nd Amendment

Secretary of State John Kerry once again signed the United Nations Arms Treaty on Wednesday .
The treaty would require nations to conduct a detailed registration of all guns.
The claimed purpose is to try to make sure that the gun trade is regulated across countries. The claim is that terrorist groups and other rebel groups around the world are getting guns because of private gun owners there. It ignores the fact that almost all the guns that these different groups get are from other governments, not from private individuals .
In theory, if a gun is used in the commission of a crime if left at the crime scene and it's registered to the person who committed the crime, then you can use that gun to trace back and find out who committed the crime,
The problem is that never really works. The reason is pretty simple. One, crime guns are rarely left at the scene. Two, when they are left at the scene, they're not registered to the person who committed the crime .
Hawaii has forced gun owners to register their weapons since 1960. . In fact, according Honolulu police chief, it was clear they had not been able to solve one single crime . Yet they waste 50,000 hours of police time each year .

GUN RUNNING is a billion dollar industry in the USA.

As gun makers continue to OVERPRODUCE guns, there comes a point where they cannot sell them to enough idiots in this country. So, they end up selling them by the lot to gun dealers who in turn, use a sophisticated system of transferring those guns into the hands of jihadists around the world for BIG MONEY.

Your thought process, that all gun dealers are legitimate is laughable at best.

A national registry would allow the tracing of ALL weapons made in the USA, and we all know, no person who is selling guns to criminals wants to be tied back to that weapon.

That same :censored2: who would sell a gun privately without registration or background checks will be the one who will be the first to say "our hearts and prayers go out to the families of the victims".

TOS.

wayfair

swollen member
GUN RUNNING is a billion dollar industry in the USA.

As gun makers continue to OVERPRODUCE guns, there comes a point where they cannot sell them to enough idiots in this country. So, they end up selling them by the lot to gun dealers who in turn, use a sophisticated system of transferring those guns into the hands of jihadists around the world for BIG MONEY.

Your thought process, that all gun dealers are legitimate is laughable at best.

A national registry would allow the tracing of ALL weapons made in the USA, and we all know, no person who is selling guns to criminals wants to be tied back to that weapon.

That same :censored2: who would sell a gun privately without registration or background checks will be the one who will be the first to say "our hearts and prayers go out to the families of the victims".

TOS.

YAWN....

wayfair

swollen member
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) - Wal-Mart will stop selling the AR-15 rifle and other semi-automatic weapons at its stores because fewer people are buying them, a spokesman said Wednesday.

The AR-15 rifles and other modern sporting rifles were being sold at less than a third of the company's 4,600 U.S. stores. Company spokesman Kory Lundberg said Wal-Mart Stores Inc.

Lundberg said the company had seen a decrease in sales of the particular models of guns, but declined to give specific sales numbers. He said stores would increase inventory of other models of shotguns and rifles popular among hunters.

Wal-Mart scaled back the number of stores that sold guns around 2006, Lundberg said, but has no plans to stop the sale of guns all together.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...anager-on-decision-to-drop-ars-some-shotguns/

I work at a $100 million store in Kentucky. We have received zero information about any sort of political motivation. My store manager attended the yearly holiday business meeting in Denver just two weeks ago and stated that ARs and other firearms would be going half off soon due to low sales, which is completely true in east KY anyway. Our prices were outrageous on ARs, while CDNN and others had Colt 6920s for $880 or so, we stood fast at $1,097, $650 Bushmasters for $997. We were told that we would have a shipment coming in of ARs that were not selling in other states, to sell them at the half price mark here.

Other firearms such as “hi cap” shotguns, even Ruger 10/22s with the synthetic stock, went half off as well. The wood stock Ruger and Take down model stayed regular price. Certain hunting shotguns also went half off. The $890 Remington Versa Max was sold at half price for example. H&R pump actions from near $200 were $89.
Also, firearm related items such as many scopes, lights, lasers, etc went half off. I picked up a Surefire x300 Ultra light for $154, we sold them for $297 before this. These related items rarely sold here in extremely gun friendly east KY, so I would imagine they sold even worse elsewhere.

In conclusion, I would imagine that the company bought ARs and other guns at a high cost – my system shows we spent much more than dealer cost – and is just trying to make something back as they were just taking up space. The company goes for sales, and those firearms were generating near zero for the past 6 plus months.

As a proud 2nd Amendment supporter, along with all of the other 14 salaried managers at my store, I would have been 100% outraged if we were dropping certain firearms due to some agenda.

As a side note, I never buy ARs from my store or Walmart in general, not because of the internet legend that they are of a lesser quality (they are the same as shops get, ours come from Sports South), but I prefer to build my own.