GVLA station closed in Alpharetta GA

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It’s happening in every major metro area. You can guarantee there are people with the virus working throughout the entire network.

Yes, and I would think that FedEx would seldom, if ever, question someone with Covid-19 type symptoms or shutdown/limit operations without a verification. That said, it's still very difficult to get tested unless you are extremely ill.

How about a digital temperature check when you enter the station? If you have a fever, you go home. Think that simple check would ever happen?

Always remember who is running the show. Fred. And look at his stellar record of telling the truth.

This is the same guy who's begging for you to work now, and will gladly cut you loose when they don't need you.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Always remember who is running the show. Fred. And look at his stellar record of telling the truth.

This is the same guy who's begging for you to work now, and will gladly cut you loose when they don't need you.
Truer words were never spoken.

^^^^^^^Any newbies reading this? ^^^^^^^^

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
So glad you were correct when you said it’s not as big a deal as the flu. Your shrewd insight is impeccable.

85,000 reported cases at the moment and 1200 deaths; the deaths are heavily skewed toward the elderly; it is estimated that between 80%-85% of people who catch it will get over it on their own.

Not to downplay it, but the average person who contracts this will be told to stay home and isolate when the hysteria suggests it's a certain death.

MassWineGuy

How about a digital temperature check when you enter the station? If you have a fever, you go home. Think that simple check would ever happen?

They are checking the temperature of every person entering the Memphis hub. In response, a manager at my station said that anyone at our location with symptoms has been told to stay home. I don’t trust that everyone could recognize symptoms or be honest about them to avoid not being able to work.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
They are checking the temperature of every person entering the Memphis hub. In response, a manager at my station said that anyone at our location with symptoms has been told to stay home. I don’t trust that everyone could recognize symptoms or be honest about them to avoid not being able to work.
Or leaving it to a manager to make the diagnosis. Now that’s scary.

Maui

So if he says where he’s from and FedEx figures out who he is by reading past posts, you think he won’t get fired if any of his posts were slamming FedEx? @59 Dano And @Maui please chime in and inform everyone what would happen to @Nolimitz
Just listing a station wouldn’t mean anything and it is very, very unlikely that anyone would try to obtain a user’s info.

The social media policy does allow for discipline and I would recommend people remain anonymous because there is risk. Saying truthful info about a positive case in a given city would not violate that.

Just heard, one of our biggest stations just closed, because of the Coronavirus (GVLA).

There is also a courier waiting for results at the NCQA (Marietta, GA)
He handled some luggage from CA, that sat in a warehouse exposed to RTD's,
dock workers and management.

FedEx hasn't issued one press release, memo, carrier penguin, NOTHING.

We are all scrambling, trying to remember if we've been in contact, with anyone from these stations. Did I walk by the luggage?

Doesn't matter. I'm done. I don't trust management, my life is more important. Time to retire.

Y'all be safe and put your family first.

I will not post my position, but the station was closed over a weekend. They had a crew come in and clean for two days and the station reopened that following Monday.

To date they are trying to keep it hush-hush. We've alerted the local news, Twitter, Facebook; anyone that will listen and try to pick it up.

It will be fine

I will not post my position, but the station was closed over a weekend. They had a crew come in and clean for two days and the station reopened that following Monday.

To date they are trying to keep it hush-hush. We've alerted the local news, Twitter, Facebook; anyone that will listen and try to pick it up.
Alerting the local news to what end? They cleaned the building, what else do you want? Do you just want to scare the local population or try to make your employer look bad? How does that help anything?

vantexan

85,000 reported cases at the moment and 1200 deaths; the deaths are heavily skewed toward the elderly; it is estimated that between 80%-85% of people who catch it will get over it on their own.

Not to downplay it, but the average person who contracts this will be told to stay home and isolate when the hysteria suggests it's a certain death.
Serious enough yet?