GVLA station closed in Alpharetta GA

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I will not post my position, but the station was closed over a weekend. They had a crew come in and clean for two days and the station reopened that following Monday.

To date they are trying to keep it hush-hush. We've alerted the local news, Twitter, Facebook; anyone that will listen and try to pick it up.

This sounds about right. Keep it under the radar.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I'm asking if the numbers of cases and deaths are serious enough for you to stop using words like hysteria?

"Not to downplay it, but the average person who contracts this will be told to stay home and isolate when the hysteria suggests it's a certain death."

Comprehension issues?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
"Not to downplay it, but the average person who contracts this will be told to stay home and isolate when the hysteria suggests it's a certain death."

Comprehension issues?

Ask Boris Johnson if it's hysteria. Just admitted to ICU, and possibly on a ventilator. Just something to ponder, Dano. Here's a world leader with access to the best possible care, and after 10 days of said care, he's "worsened considerably" (the Brits, not me) and is in Intensive Care. Think that maybe, just maybe, Covid-19 should be taken extremely seriously?

The "average person" would probably be dead by now.

AB831

Alerting the local news to what end? They cleaned the building, what else do you want? Do you just want to scare the local population or try to make your employer look bad? How does that help anything?
The station should be shut down for fourteen days to quarantine anyone who possibly came into contact with this individual, and the company should be transparent about it in case anyone who received freight from that station may want to quarantine themselves to protect loved ones. It's not making the company look bad when they make themselves look bad.

It will be fine

The station should be shut down for fourteen days to quarantine anyone who possibly came into contact with this individual, and the company should be transparent about it in case anyone who received freight from that station may want to quarantine themselves to protect loved ones. It's not making the company look bad when they make themselves look bad.
You can contact trace without a quarantine of the entire station. Shutting down the building for 14 days is unnecessary, in perfect lab conditions the virus can survive on surfaces for 3 days. Would all the volume of the station be serviced by other buildings? I know that wouldn’t be possible with Ground volume, not sure how light you guys are. If that’s not possible you would do more harm by failing to service the essential packages. I don’t think you thought this through.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

The company stands to suffer most by operating a contaminated station. It's fine.

AB831

You can contact trace without a quarantine of the entire station. Shutting down the building for 14 days is unnecessary, in perfect lab conditions the virus can survive on surfaces for 3 days. Would all the volume of the station be serviced by other buildings? I know that wouldn’t be possible with Ground volume, not sure how light you guys are. If that’s not possible you would do more harm by failing to service the essential packages. I don’t think you thought this through.
That’s a very cogent point.

vantexan

Comprehension issues?
Nope, you were sure to use that quote because you think it's overblown. Now now, don't argue, you know you do.

It will be fine

The US does not know how to contract trace yet. Again way behind the learning curve
We know how, just don’t have great testing yet. In this situation you could quarantine anyone with prolonged exposure to the known case and be hyper aware of anyone exhibiting symptoms. You could temp check everyone entering the building and keep it contained without destroying the operation.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The company stands to suffer most by operating a contaminated station. It's fine.

Unconfirmed report of a Covid-19 death of a handler at PDXR. It isn't "fine". Quarantine who was around him, track down the cans/trucks and sterilize them as well.

It's important to get information out to the field because Fred isn't going to give it to you freely. Time to share what you know and where it is.

Please don't let this company kill you.

Last edited:

doodlebug

In Other News Out Of Atlanta::

Mechanic at Atlanta ramp is quarantined. Came to work sick, went home, to hospital, tested positive.

The geniuses sent in a cleaning crew, sent the other mechanics to a facility across the bridge (FOPRT).

No. No .. we can't quarantine the other mechanics. Just let them drive the tractors, yardmules, carts to the shop so everything/everyone can be infected.

Retirement date set. I've been on vacation for a week, not going back.

At least I hear they finally got gloves and wipes. The masks are to be used for three days ... wait, what?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
In Other News Out Of Atlanta::

Mechanic at Atlanta ramp is quarantined. Came to work sick, went home, to hospital, tested positive.

The geniuses sent in a cleaning crew, sent the other mechanics to a facility across the bridge (FOPRT).

No. No .. we can't quarantine the other mechanics. Just let them drive the tractors, yardmules, carts to the shop so everything/everyone can be infected.

Retirement date set. I've been on vacation for a week, not going back.

At least I hear they finally got gloves and wipes. The masks are to be used for three days ... wait, what?

Good for you. Smart move. On the PDX deal, I also know they closed their Dispatch office as well. I'm thinking this is probably very widespread and that FedEx is only releasing very limited information, mainly to keep as many possible working, but also for privacy concerns.

Here's the deal. If someone is infected at your location, you need to know about it and be given options to work (with HAZARD PAY and additional protection), stay at home without penalty, quarantine, if you've been exposed directly (with full pay), or other alternative, such as a remote mini-sort in a parking lot etc.

They obviously aren't doing a great job of protection/prevention. That needs to change.