Had a Job Interview last Friday 11/08/13

NoobZer0

I applied for Driver Helper.
I just have a few questions.

Does the driver call you a day before or on the same day? How much time will they give me to meet the driver? The guy who interview the people said an hour, but some people say 2. I only have access to a car on Monday and Tuesday (My sister is off from work on those days and she could give me a lift.)

When Will they call me back? Should I call them? My appointment was for 2 PM and I got there around 11-ish PM and waited. A lot of people was just leaving. Only like 3 stayed there (I'm assuming) for the interview. When it was 2Pm there was like 11 people, including me. When it was time for the interview process for the 2pm group, there was only me and this guy. So what in trying to say is, the interviewer shouldn't have many people to call. I felt that I got most of the questions right "how would you lift a heavy box?' 'Can you lift 70lbs?' Etc.

what am I suppose to expect?
​ thanks in advance.

gingerkat

Firstly, didn't the interview process talk about the importance of having dependable transportation? Also that you MUST be available between the hours of 10 am - 6 pm M-friend. I am very curious as to why you showed up at 11am when the interview was at 2pm? That interview was an information only meeting. It was for you and the company to see if you fit the job. Did the HR person ask you to complete part II of the application? Did the HR call you to come in for orientation? If so, that is when you would get more info on the driver situation. But, most likely because of your transportation issues, maybe you would not be a good fit for the driver helper job.

upschuck

The driver does not call you, the helper coordinator calls the morning of the day you are to work, usually between 8 and 10. You will then be needed to start work anywhere from 10:30 to I've seen 5PM.

Your transportation you mentioned, if they asked you about that, I guarantee you got that question wrong. A helper needs to be available mon thru fri. That's a biggie.

I'm sure Denver center is bigger than mine(about 95 routes on a normal day), and I've heard they have hired 140+ helpers, because some of them quitting. They do interviews on a daily basis at this time of year. Did you get your uniform? For helpers, uniforms are usually passed out at that time.

Give them a call, won't hurt anything, and they will see your eagerness to work.

Be ready for the search comments that you will be getting.......cue the sarcasm.

Firstly, didn't the interview process talk about the importance of having dependable transportation? Also that you MUST be available between the hours of 10 am - 6 pm M-friend. I am very curious as to why you showed up at 11am when the interview was at 2pm? That interview was an information only meeting. It was for you and the company to see if you fit the job. Did the HR person ask you to complete part II of the application? Did the HR call you to come in for orientation? If so, that is when you would get more info on the driver situation. But, most likely because of your transportation issues, maybe you would not be a good fit for the driver helper job.
One of our drivers had a 60 year old..300lb plus helper last year...couldnt even get the seatbelt around his fat :censored2:!..their is no way , this helper wouldnt be good enough!..lol

gingerkat

In my area, the coordinator calls you the day before with driver name, time and place. After that the driver calls you every day. As for times, they tell us between 10-6, but last night I worked until 8pm. Last year the guy in this neighborhood had his helper until 10pm once.

MassWineGuy

It all depends on the paricular route and driver. When I worked the last two seasons as a helper, my address was on the route both drivers had anyway, so they picked me up at my house. That's probably uncommon, but I'll bet it happens often. I, too, am curious why you arrived the night before for an interview at 2 pm the following day. Probably a typo and you arrived at 11 am the same day. If you need to meet the driver somewhere else, you won't be able to do the job because you don't have a car every day. It's more common that helpers travel to a meating point.

Like others said, you need to be available and ready to work every weekday. But if no one calls you by 8 or 8:30 or so, you can pretty much assume that you're not working that day. If you get hired, that's one thing to ask about. But I don't think you should have this job since you don't have reliable transportation.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
One of our drivers had a 60 year old..300lb plus helper last year...couldnt even get the seatbelt around his fat :censored2:!..their is no way , this helper wouldnt be good enough!..lol
We had a trainee start loading this morning....in his 50's...big fat guy. He's huffing and puffing just sorting boxes on the slide.....he'll quit in a few days....lol

upschuck

We had a trainee start loading this morning....in his 50's...big fat guy. He's huffing and puffing just sorting boxes on the slide.....he'll quit in a few days....lol

You can look at a them when doing their tours and say no no no yes no yes yes no no no, and get vast majority of them right. What gets me are the ones that arrive late for the appointment, if you can't be on time for the appointment, then what are the chances you'll be on time for the job.

If they interview x% of whatever people, they gotta hire x% of those people, that's what HR told me.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
You can look at a them when doing their tours and say no no no yes no yes yes no no no, and get vast majority of them right. What gets me are the ones that arrive late for the appointment, if you can't be on time for the appointment, then what are the chances you'll be on time for the job.

If they interview x% of whatever people, they gotta hire x% of those people, that's what HR told me.
Agreed, I don't care if it's a job interview at freakin Burger King....you don't show up late. And yes, the tours are just laughable....I'll give them credit for trying, but being a package monkey is not a job for everyone....lol.