Hagerstown Md. Ketter Audit scores 100%

Pip

Had A Ketter audit this week, 2/12 and 2/13 in Hagerstown, Md. center. I think most have been ready for it to come after failing it miserably the last time it was done in the center. Think most everybody did their part in improving from last time.

After 2 days, we found out that we as a center aced the ketter audit with a perfect score of 100%. Supposedly this is the first time a score of 100% has been accomplished, company wide. Hard to believe this, but that is what is being said. Were supposed to have a bunch of visitors tomorrow and a buffet breakfast.

feeder53

ADKtrails
That is great, you guys should be proud as a team.....And this shows what can be done if there is true teamwork.

Congratulations!

rod

Retired 22 years
I would be leary of that 100% score. Consider yourself lucky but I have a feeling UPS needed someone to show 100% so they could tell everyone else "see I told you it could be done".Thirty years at UPS tought me that if an auditor didn't find something wrong- he wasn't doing his job. I've even been told that by auditors. Me thinks you have been set up but enjoy it.

JustTired

free at last.......
I'll have to agree with Rod on this one.

Oh yeah........and expect a little something extra on your paycheck next week!!!!!

tieguy

Banned
I would be leary of that 100% score. Consider yourself lucky but I have a feeling UPS needed someone to show 100% so they could tell everyone else "see I told you it could be done".Thirty years at UPS tought me that if an auditor didn't find something wrong- he wasn't doing his job. I've even been told that by auditors. Me thinks you have been set up but enjoy it.

if this is a ketter audit then ups had nothing to do with it. Ketter is an outside agency that reports these results to OSHA.

Nice job hagerstown. I hear you folks have a great safety committee that drove these results.

surviv'n_it

That is great!! Surprising as I really have never seen anything being tested by UPS to be 100%. My superviser is extremely fair but he even tells me on my annual ride-along that he has to find something wrong. It is usually something minor, like walking too fast or something.

Congrats though!

barnyard

KTM rider
Nice job Hagerstown.

We have had 2 audits that were 1 mistake close to perfect. In our last audit, we were 100% until a preloader walked a NDA out to a driver and did not have a reflective vest on. That was the only thing we were dinged for.

There is an awful lot of behind the scenes stuff that the safety committee has to do in order to score high. Congrats again.

TB

MrUPSguY

Red Headed Step Child
As a safety Chairman for our center, I have to give you guys the highest of praises (whatever that is). I have struggled thus far to get my safety team together so we can get prepared for any kind of audit. If Ketter came in tomorrow, our pants would be down, and I would consider myself a failure. But I have finally grabbed my center manager by the :censored2: and reminded him what #7 of his declaration of management. We had our first safety meeting today, and got a lot accomplished. I can only hope we can achieve and share your same success. Congratulations once again! :woohoo:

rod

Retired 22 years
if this is a ketter audit then ups had nothing to do with it. Ketter is an outside agency that reports these results to OSHA.

Nice job hagerstown. I hear you folks have a great safety committee that drove these results.
I stand by my original post. I still think it's a setup even if UPS "had nothing to do with it". Auditors will ALWAYS find SOMETHING wrong or they ain't doing their job- period.

paidslave

Report to OSHA? This doesn't add up. Why would UPS hire an audit team to report to OSHA? If OSHA had problems with Occupational issues at UPS wouldn't OSHA do Audits?

Congrads on your 100% score. That even sound a bit fishy!

tieguy

Banned
I stand by my original post. I still think it's a setup even if UPS "had nothing to do with it". Auditors will ALWAYS find SOMETHING wrong or they ain't doing their job- period.

All you're doing is taking credit away from some dedicated people in hagerstown who worked hard to achieve those results. Hagerstown has some greatly hourly people that drove these results.

tieguy

Banned
Report to OSHA? This doesn't add up. Why would UPS hire an audit team to report to OSHA? If OSHA had problems with Occupational issues at UPS wouldn't OSHA do Audits?

Congrads on your 100% score. That even sound a bit fishy!

Part of the original corporate settlement agreement. We agreed to let an agency approved by OSHA do the audits. Let the folks in Hagmd enjoy their hard earned results.

tieguy

Banned
How do you know? You work there? supervise? Or just imagining?

I made it up cause it sounded kinda good....:happy-very:
Results have been broadcast around the country. Managers supposed to have been out for a back operation. Credits being given to the hourly safety committees for driving these results in voice mails and emails I have recieved.

Pip

Was it a surprise audit or was it known in advance? When I see a 100% on a surprise audit, then I'll be semi impressed.

The center got roughly 30 minutes notice that keter was definitely on the way the other day. So i would say yes it was a suprise audit.

Maybe tieguy or somebody else can correct me on this, but when keter decides to do an audit. They give a days notice that they will be in a region or district. The exact building isn't known until the last minute.

Personally, I was suprise that the center got 100% in all 4 areas, as a lot of others were too.

Pip

You could be absolutely correct. I don't have the answers. I only posted the results because i figured it was news worthy. I have no plans on getting into a pissing contest if it was on the up and up or not. I'm just a redneck mechanic who is glad the weekend has started. :happy2: