hall should be ashamed!

any122

adirondack man
The Indy contract is a joke!I ask the brotherhood why should i pay dues for a contract that offers no gain for the employee?The purpose of being part of a union is for better wages better benefits better job protection better working conditions.None of this was achieved in the Indy contract.hall should resign!He also should be embarrassed and ashamed for undercutting the national master freight agreement.I don't understand how he expects to get more centers to join under this crap agreement?It's a joke,A first grader could have got a better contract.Hoffa better take a real hard look at the people he has working for him.I under stand now why the union is loosing membership.With leaders like this the ship is sure to sink!:sad-very:

Slo

I tend to agree with you. Is it not a piece of work ? It only took 50 years to get that contract . The complete contract hasnt been released so who knows whats in it. That was only a 1 center deal ,I hear the north east guys cant wait to get on the band wagon. From what they tell us (GET THIS) This is the model for the rest of the NMFA companys to follow.

Fredless

APWA Hater
wait wait wait...ok one of you said you had no idea what is in it, but the thread starter just knows it is horrible?

So if it is so horrible, why did not Overnite do what it has always done, vote the teamsters out?

sawdusttv

You frieght guys amaze me!
It wasn't a couple of months ago you had the chance to have someone other than the teamsters representing you, and you turned them down. Now here you are crying about a contract. Boys, all I can say is CRY! CRY! CRY!
You made your bed, now lie in it!

U

UPS FREIGHT WORKER

The Indy contract is a joke!I ask the brotherhood why should i pay dues for a contract that offers no gain for the employee?The purpose of being part of a union is for better wages better benefits better job protection better working conditions.None of this was achieved in the Indy contract.hall should resign!He also should be embarrassed and ashamed for undercutting the national master freight agreement.I don't understand how he expects to get more centers to join under this crap agreement?It's a joke,A first grader could have got a better contract.Hoffa better take a real hard look at the people he has working for him.I under stand now why the union is loosing membership.With leaders like this the ship is sure to sink!:sad-very:

You are a dope. You have no idea what you are talking about. I work at UPSF and the contract gives us so many things we have never had, OT after 8, no more sups doing our work, 23% wage increase when we have averaged 10% over all my years there. 2 year seniority protection and 3 year workers comp protection. No more production standards. A real grievence procedure. Maitenance and standards. No more being forced to drive unsafe trucks. I guess you never read the contract. I have a copy of it. Before you post a bunch of nonsense, check your facts. This is not NMFA but it is a hell of alot better than what we have now.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Its amazing, the same day that danny eason sends out an email begging for more money from everyone to win the kansas city election AGAIN, you show up here psoting more BS. Danny we may not be happy with our ups contract but it still beats joining a union lead by scabs like you!

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
I think you meant to quote any122 on this one, right? You might want to reread and see who is posting rhetoric.

Both your posts threw out rhetoric. I quoted you for your decision to call the APWA supporters 'scabs.' C'mon, Red.....we both know the APWA supporters--though few in number--are still pretty vocal. I think 'scab' is just about the most offensive term for a union worker to be called. Am I wrong? Since I'm no longer a UPS'er, I really don't have a reason to care anymore. But I don't like seeing such low blows. That's all. By the way....I saw some union picketing the other day. I thought to myself.....to cross or not to cross? -Rocky

30andout

Both your posts threw out rhetoric. I quoted you for your decision to call the APWA supporters 'scabs.' C'mon, Red.....we both know the APWA supporters--though few in number--are still pretty vocal. I think 'scab' is just about the most offensive term for a union worker to be called. Am I wrong? Since I'm no longer a UPS'er, I really don't have a reason to care anymore. But I don't like seeing such low blows. That's all. By the way....I saw some union picketing the other day. I thought to myself.....to cross or not to cross? -Rocky
Nice post Rockey, Red is a true teamster through and through it shows with the name calling and slams. I am not defending the APWA but the teamsters are no gods either.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Nice post Rockey, Red is a true teamster through and through it shows with the name calling and slams. I am not defending the APWA but the teamsters are no gods either.
Are you denying that danny and van are scabs? Ifso than it would be name callng, if not and they are doing the same job after withdrawing from the teamsters than they are scabs! I know sometimes the truth hurts and your magical dream of forming a scab ups funded union has fallen short.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
UPSer or not,you had to THINK about it?

In most cases, that was a joke. I am sorry I offended you to the point you felt the need to neg me. I think I would cross a picketline in a life or death situation--child in my arms shot in the stomach, etc--kind of thing but very, very few other times. I can find another place to get groceries. If it happened in front of a place I worked--where I wasn't union (management)--I would have to cross. I'll give you an example of a situation that might go either way. Five years down the road, my employer decides I'd benefit from a class at a community college. One night, I park my car and head in to class. As I'm walking in, I see a group of picketers. They are not instructors, so classes are being held. No, they are union janitors. That situation is one I don't know how I'd handle. I keep fairly abreast of news involving organizations I'm affiliated with (or have been)--education, employment, etc--so I'd probably know the strike (and picketing) were coming. There would be many factors in that decision and my employer would probably have an opinion, too. -Rocky

tieguy

Banned
Are you denying that danny and van are scabs? .

Its an interesting question. I don't think they are. they are not against unions just the one you guys belong to.

The other irony here is many of you are talking reform over this contract offer but not the reform of joining a different union.

sawdusttv

Are you denying that danny and van are scabs? Ifso than it would be name callng, if not and they are doing the same job after withdrawing from the teamsters than they are scabs! I know sometimes the truth hurts and your magical dream of forming a scab ups funded union has fallen short.

Red,
You are way out of line here my friend.
I know both of these gentlemen and neither of them have ever crossed a picket line. In order to be a scab one must cross a picket line. To call someone a scab just because they support a different organization than you, is dead wrong!

30andout

Red,
I know both of these gentlemen and neither of them have ever crossed a picket line. In order to be a scab one must cross a picket line. To call someone a scab just because they support a different organization than you, is dead wrong!
Maybe Red is like my local BA if we just ignore him he will go away. All he knows how to do is slam people and do the name calling thing to make himself feel better than others.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Its an interesting question. I don't think they are. they are not against unions just the one you guys belong to.

I agree, Tie. Thanks for putting it better than I did.

Red,
You are way out of line here my friend. I know both of these gentlemen and neither of them have ever crossed a picket line. In order to be a scab one must cross a picket line. To call someone a scab just because they support a different organization than you, is dead wrong!

Hey, Sawdust! Been a little while, hasn't it? In any event...I thought your definition of a scab was the correct one. While I still don't necessarily think APWA is a better option, I agree that labeling the founding officers scabs is wrong based on the fact they haven't crossed a picket line. And by the way, to my knowledge (and memory) I've never crossed one either. I have my doubts my parents would cross a picket line with child(ren) in tow, so I think I'd remember that. -Rocky

705red

Browncafe Steward

The other irony here is many of you are talking reform over this contract offer but not the reform of joining a different union.

Tie i do believe in reform and i do not believe creating a new union in doing so. Would you consider creating a new government if you are not happy with this one? Or would you do your best to help better the current government? They are against the teamsters and if they would have been smart and stayed current dues paying members than they would have had a bettter shot.
Red,

Maybe Red is like my local BA if we just ignore him he will go away. All he knows how to do is slam people and do the name calling thing to make himself feel better than others.

I agree, Tie. Thanks for putting it better than I did.

Hey, Sawdust! Been a little while, hasn't it? In any event...I thought your definition of a scab was the correct one. While I still don't necessarily think APWA is a better option, I agree that labeling the founding officers scabs is wrong based on the fact they haven't crossed a picket line. And by the way, to my knowledge (and memory) I've never crossed one either. I have my doubts my parents would cross a picket line with child(ren) in tow, so I think I'd remember that. -Rocky
Saw i call it as i see it! Two guys that put their pants on the same way i do and do the same job that i do and turn their back on our union and us current dues paying teamsters by doing our job as nonunion members is a load of crap. They preach unity but then why did they withdraw from the teamsters? Why not attempt to fix it from within? Because they are cowards!

Fredless

APWA Hater
Saw i call it as i see it! Two guys that put their pants on the same way i do and do the same job that i do and turn their back on our union and us current dues paying teamsters by doing our job as nonunion members is a load of crap. They preach unity but then why did they withdraw from the teamsters? Why not attempt to fix it from within? Because they are cowards!

:clap::clap::punk::rockon:

AMEN to that. I believe they are JUST like the TDU, contract could've gone the other way (IBT kept control of the pension, blah blah) and the TDU would've STILL found some way to bash Hoffa.

NO MATTER what the IBT wins at UPSF, these two, COWARDS (I'm all for calling them that over scabs) want to take their marbles home and start a new club...its sickening.

sawdusttv

Tie i do believe in reform and i do not believe creating a new union in doing so. Would you consider creating a new government if you are not happy with this one? Or would you do your best to help better the current government? They are against the teamsters and if they would have been smart and stayed current dues paying members than they would have had a bettter shot.

Red,
You call it as you see it, but that doesn't make it right!
You can not be a scab unless you cross a picket-line.
Furthermore, I understand that being from up north it is a hard concept for you to grasp, but NC is a right to work state. A worker does not have to be affiliated with any union to hold a job. That being said, these two men were dues paying teamsters for 30+ years and worked for reform during those years only to have the door slammed in their face time after time, as have most of us down here. After 30 year of no progress they decided enough is enough and took it to the next level. They have no intension of being non-union scabs as you would call them. They just want a different union, a union that will pay attention to its members voices. I see nothing wrong with what they are attempting, it serves to light a fire under the teamsters butts, and that is good!
As far as the government reference; I have in fact said for years that we need to scrap the governmental system as we Know it, do away with the multi-party system and let each politician run for office on there own merits and beliefs without any affiliation with any party or group, "May the best man win."