hand cart mounting brackets

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I guess I dont understand the need for any special brackets to be installed.

Here is my handcart, secured tightly to the shelf with a $1.29 bungee cord. Its accessible, and it doesnt move or roll around at all. And if the bungee cord happens to be too long, all you need to do is tie a couple of knots in it.

I find that the best solutions are usually the simplest ones.
handtruck.jpg

jimstud

Banned
That is basically the solution UPS came up with except that the strap does not hold the cart nearly as securely as your bungee cord does.

no it does hold as good as a bungee and if it breaks you don't have to worry about the hook being shot at your face like a paper clip off an elastic band.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

no it does hold as good as a bungee and if it breaks you don't have to worry about the hook being shot at your face like a paper clip off an elastic band.

Then why does my hand cart roll back and forth to the point where I simply lay it on the floor behind the jump seat so I don't have to listen to all that banging?

over9five

Staff member
I just lay my two wheeler face down on the floor of my pkg car.

Me too, but it does slide all over the place.

Seems to me, when I had a P10 you could stick the handtruck on the side of the backdrop and it would stay wedged in right there. Doesn't work like that in a P12.

I think I'll look into getting a bungee.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

The bungees we have are the heavy-duty black rubber ones we use to tighten our tire chains when it snows. They are very strong and I have yet to see one break. They also come in handy for securing tall, thin irreg packages upright against the shelf so that you dont have to lay them on the floor and trip on them all day.

upssup

There is an approved install for this available through MDC. Ask your mechanic about it. If they do not know then their Supervisor may not know about it. It came out in an automotive bulletin. It is the bungee type that is secured on one end. No there is not an approved bracket for the floor.

Big Babooba

There is an approved install for this available through MDC. Ask your mechanic about it. If they do not know then their Supervisor may not know about it. It came out in an automotive bulletin. It is the bungee type that is secured on one end. No there is not an approved bracket for the floor.
Well the trucks with floor mounted brackets that I have seen must have unapproved brackets. They are almost flush to the floor and the plate of the hand truck slips underneath it. They work reasonably well.

upssup

That would be a good idea. I am going to see if there is something out there or if someone created it themselves. If it is available I will let everyone on here know about it.

paidover95

My mechanic put a piece of steel on the floor ,so now the plate of the hand cart locks under it.The problem is solved.So now with the bungee and the floor mount,all is well.I will post a picture soon so that maybe, anyone out here with the same problem can fix it!!

I used to use(back in the day that I had a bid rte and same truck everyday) a piece of plywood I cut to size on the floor under shelf four, then a bungee around the wheeler and hooked over the shelf lip, worked just fine.

Big Babooba

We have a few trucks with them bolted to the floor. I asked for one to be installed in my truck and was told that they are no longer available.

Well the trucks with floor mounted brackets that I have seen must have unapproved brackets. They are almost flush to the floor and the plate of the hand truck slips underneath it. They work reasonably well.
0720001108.jpg

0720001108a.jpg