hand carts

rod

Retired 22 years
I think they just broke or got lost over the years. We still have a couple old ones with no fold down and a diad holder attached to the back.

Most of our routes don’t need one. Well that was until all of this heavy ass resi bulk started hitting every one of us.
After they got rid of the old steel ones (10 pounds heavier than a cow) I decide I didn't like the new aluminum ones with the fold down flap (too bulky) so I took just a simple 2 -wheeler without a fold down flap. I also discovered that I felt better at the end of the day if I wasn't trying to pull a loaded up 2-wheeler with a flap up a bunch of stairs. A single cart full at a time was easier. Slow and steady and safe was my game.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
After they got rid of the old steel ones (10 pounds heavier than a cow) I decide I didn't like the new aluminum ones with the fold down flap (too bulky) so I took just a simple 2 -wheeler without a flap. I also discovered that I felt better at the end of the day if I wasn't trying to pull a loaded up 2-wheeler with a flap up a bunch of stairs. A single cart full at a time was easier. Slow and steady and safe was my game.
My best friends dad had a policy at the end of his career. Never more than 4 boxes at a time on the cart.

myback

No hand cart, no problem, carry and deliver one package at a time then call in for help at 1559hrs, you’ll get a brand new hand cart every day.

rod

Retired 22 years
My best friends dad had a policy at the end of his career. Never more than 4 boxes at a time on the cart.
During my first year as a driver I loaded up one of the old steel flip down carts with waterbed liners going to the local head shop which was down in a basement. I had them stacked on that cart as much as it would hold (and more). Next thing I knew the cart got away from me going down the steps and everything (cart and all) landed in a heap at the bottom of the steps. I climbed over the boxes -opened the door and hollored "UPS". The owner just laughed.