Handshake agreement?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
the NMA is a sellout to its members.....
This past NMA was the most expensive contract negotiated. I for one am grateful that UPS put out billions of dollars to bail out Central States so I will get a better Pension. We got a yearly raise on top of that too. A lot of you have no clue about what you are talking about. I hope in the future the New England and 804 Pensions get some help too.

I am glad that 710 seems to have reached a deal. I think that 705/710 should have both been finished long ago. I have been through contracts since 1975, so I know how difficult it is for everyone affected. Too bad some folks can't do what is best for us all instead of this drama that just causes Teamsters to lose jobs. And no, some of these shippers will not be back.

Bloodybrown

This past NMA was the most expensive contract negotiated. I for one am grateful that UPS put out billions of dollars to bail out Central States so I will get a better Pension. We got a yearly raise on top of that too. A lot of you have no clue about what you are talking about. I hope in the future the New England and 804 Pensions get some help too.

I am glad that 710 seems to have reached a deal. I think that 705/710 should have both been finished long ago. I have been through contracts since 1975, so I know how difficult it is for everyone affected. Too bad some folks can't do what is best for us all instead of this drama that just causes Teamsters to lose jobs. And no, some of these shippers will not be back.

Good post !....Your right on it !

Beat'n Black n Brown

Scratch you're a veteran,but you have to look past the money....lost 22.3 jobs....2 tier wages with a top out wage come on the new hires just got screwed.....language means everything....you never give it up.......cause you'll never get it back

browned out

UPS put out billions of dollars because they know it will save them money in the near future. If you think they did it to bail us out; you are nieve. Retires from 9 years ago have been receiving the same amounts that your so happy to get.

We settled early, gave UPS the pension fund which they have desired for years. Let them take our COLA. Let them split our raises for a lower amount than last contract. Let them lengthen the progression and ad temporary single day coverage drivers; etc, etc

Who got the short end of the stick?

Beat'n Black n Brown

Good post !....Your right on it !

UPS put out billions of dollars because they know it will save them money in the near future. If you think they did it to bail us out; you are nieve. Retires from 9 years ago have been receiving the same amounts that your so happy to get.

We settled early, gave UPS the pension fund which they have desired for years. Let them take our COLA. Let them split our raises for a lower amount than last contract. Let them lengthen the progression and ad temporary single day coverage drivers; etc, etc

amen...someone who gets it

browned out

I'm still looking for you to produce the points where the media picked apart the nma. Cramer making stock picks does not equate to the media taking the nma and picking it apart. that would be the same as you offering your opinion on this board.

The $32 dollars an hour works out to be less money per stop and per package than FED EX gets. We do make a good wage because we are the most efficent(stops per hour, pieces per hour, etc) but UPS still makes the highest margins in the industry. The part time wage is a joke. Most of these part-timers can work at Starbucks with benifets and air conditioning or Taco Bell with free food. $8.50 hr will keep em here for what? a week maybe; alot of them will quit on the first day.

If you honestly think that UPS will not grow and swallow up more companies (parts of DHL and/or TNT) ; you are surely not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Shopping over the internet will grow at an astounding rate over the next 5 to 10 years. Now in the US the average age of the internet shopper is 45 and below. Most peoples grandparents don't have a computer; let alone shop on the internet. I am 38 and will shop on the internet til I'm 70 or better. Think of how these population demographics will affect our industry. Key idea THINK Resi deliveries will get to be very profitable as the density of stops is concentrated.

CHItown my kind a town. Go get em

Bloodybrown

Hmmm, I wonder what you be saying if UPS decided not to take a big risk and put up billions to bail out central states??....Who still exists because of UPS???..............Maybe you can get a job with GM......layoffs by the hundreds.....closing plants.....union right??....keep scewing UPS and we will be like REA anyone remember them?? FEDEX is eating up up right now !! thanks local 705 !! s.......Local 710 worked with UPS quietly....Thank's local 710....there are many that appreciate it!

drewed

Shankman

Dont say UPS gave you the short end of the stick, your union did. Would you rather wait till aug 1 to get your full raise? or get half and half? Yea you lost COLA for a year, not the best year for it; but its not gone...And theres nothing wrong with lengthening proggression except its not something youre not use to so you want to whine about it

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member

The Part Timers and people low in Seniority. Our shippers do not need Teamsters to deliver their packages. Even now, some of our people will get laid off in Chicago. These white trucks with purple and green signs on them do the same job with no union, no benefits, and at half the pay. I see them everyday moving freight we should have.

Beat'n Black n Brown

Dont say UPS gave you the short end of the stick, your union did. Would you rather wait till aug 1 to get your full raise? or get half and half? Yea you lost COLA for a year, not the best year for it; but its not gone...And theres nothing wrong with lengthening proggression except its not something youre not use to so you want to whine about it

Drewed....you lost 6 months of your raise how is that good.......:whiteflag:

browned out

The union did give us the short end and gave UPS the pointy end to stick us in our eyes and other places south. We would have the full raise on August 1st; what are you talking about?

You are correct in stating the Teamsters screwed us. They knew almost any offer put to a vote would pass.

drewed

Shankman
The union did give us the short end and gave UPS the pointy end to stick us in our eyes and other places south. We would have the full raise on August 1st; what are you talking about?

You are correct in stating the Teamsters screwed us. They knew almost any offer put to a vote would pass.

Well if they put youre full raise into affect aug 1, you would lose 6 months of wage with the half increase youd have 6 months making an increase, then youd get another increase

browned out

The Part Timers and people low in Seniority. Our shippers do not need Teamsters to deliver their packages. Even now, some of our people will get laid off in Chicago. These white trucks with purple and green signs on them do the same job with no union, no benefits, and at half the pay. I see them everyday moving freight we should have.

Yeah they are moving the freight right on time, right. I hope all our customers are not lying to us about FED EX green and blue guys bad service and horrible attitudes. I thought they really likes u s.