Tentative Agreement Announcement Date

When will a tentative agreement between the union and the company be announced?

• Total voters

PT Car Washer

Well, you’ll get some pay in the form of a strike paycheck
$500/week is what I am hearing. Have the week of the Fair off. Let FedEx or whoever deliver the Fair and the CODs they want to pay with 300 $1 bills. I would gladly take August off without pay. Put in a leave of unpaid absences but was denied and now we are laying off FT car washers for lack of work.

Thebrownblob

$500/week is what I am hearing. Have the week of the Fair off. Let FedEx or whoever deliver the Fair and the CODs they want to pay with 300 $1 bills. I would gladly take August off without pay. Put in a leave of unpaid absences but was denied and now we are laying off FT car washers for lack of work.
Five times your monthly dues. So yes probably around $500 for you. We also have a local strike fund that pays more on top of that.

RTS313

I don't really care anymore. I wouldn't mind taking a couple weeks off in August without pay.
IMG_1445.gif

rod

Retired 22 years
No sense of urgency because the outcome has already been settled. They know what the new contract is offering, if there is going to be a strike and if so how long it will last. This is all planned in advance and peons are NOT privy to this information until the last moment. .

PT Car Washer

No sense of urgency because the outcome has already been settled. They know what the new contract is offering, if there is going to be a strike and if so how long it will last. This is all planned in advance and peons are NOT privy to this information until the last moment. .
You are pretty smart for an old guy. LOL

RTS313

The outcome is settled? No TA on economics revealed last I read they going back to negotiations.

Not UPS agreed to Teamsters economic proposals ?

HarryWarden

I said august 1st or after. I think ups is going to come Tuesday with a good but not perfect offer. Teamsters will reject and the two sides will play chicken again until the 31st. Ups will come back at the last hour with another offer that’s better again, but still not up to SOB’s standards. I think UPS will try calling bluff and SOB will declare strike, and ups will come back soon after with the required amount

I hope ups makes an agreement much sooner than that though, I am a bigger wimp than a lot of you guys and don’t want to strike lol but I absolutely will if we do and for as long as needed

I don’t see this being a 1 or 2 week strike like a lot of people do though, that situation makes the least sense to me looking through UPS’s eyes. I think it will either be a 1 or 2 day strike or a very long term strike