Tentative Agreement Announcement Date

When will a tentative agreement between the union and the company be announced?

• Total voters

brett636

On a side note the biggest lames are the guys who jumped on disability last week or in the last few weeks. Scared of the loss of paycheck and don’t want to picket. I have no respect for anyone that does that. We had two do it last week. If you are on disability you still get paid. Total pusillanimous probably getting screamed at by their wives that they can’t afford the loss of income.
Everyone I know that’s gone on disability has a hell of a time getting paid. I’ve never been on it, but most people had to wait as long as 8-10 weeks to get their first checks(back pay included).

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
Screenshot_20230725_113550_Chrome.jpg

Non liberal

No sense of urgency because the outcome has already been settled. They know what the new contract is offering, if there is going to be a strike and if so how long it will last. This is all planned in advance and peons are NOT privy to this information until the last moment. .
You were right. This contract came out awful fast for just meeting today

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why do people keep saying this? They’ve been meeting for months…

Teamsters told them the lowest they would accept, and ups came with it today,
There was a $30B jump in just 20 days-----don't tell me they were talking back and forth behind the scenes. Fred Z even hinted at significant wage increases at one of his rallies.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Everyone I know that’s gone on disability has a hell of a time getting paid. I’ve never been on it, but most people had to wait as long as 8-10 weeks to get their first checks(back pay included).
So with a TA in hand are the "lame-os" who went on disability to ensure they got paid during the strike are suddenly going to feel all better and go back to work as though nothing happened.

Non liberal

Why do people keep saying this? They’ve been meeting for months…

Teamsters told them the lowest they would accept, and ups came with it today,
Then why the big production? They go from no more money to give to resuming talks on tues. Or today. And voila! We have a deal in like 30 minutes. Just seemed really fast that’s all. Anybody hear about improvements to retirement? Or did that stay the same?

Brownwind

So with a TA in hand are the "lame-os" who went on disability to ensure they got paid during the strike are suddenly going to feel all better and go back to work as though nothing happened.
Disability is a serious issue. No one wants to be disabled and even though we’re anonymous here we shouldn’t pick on disabled members.
IMO it’s a personal decision between doctor and patient and off limits for the rest of us.