HANG ON........................

Wow, that is truly incredible. And, the driver is honestly very lucky.

I see that it says that he was ok after they accident, wish is great.

I hope that they let him keep his job, considering it is not his fault.

Unavoidable unless he was speeding and in that weather description I doubt he was. That would definitely be a pucker moment hanging over the water like that.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
To be truthful giving what could have happened if I was the driver and they told me it was aviodable I would be PO'd but I would be so damn happy I was alive I dont think I would really care what UPS told me.

over9five

Staff member
There is no way this could be anything but unavoidable. As Capt Kirk said, the important thing is that the driver is OK and the stain washed out of his pants.

We have accidents every day that should be unavoidable, but aren't. It's certainly not logic or common sense that determines which it will be.

BURMDPsupe

I sure hope the driver can shake this one off. I'm guessing a driver out of Burtonsville; maybe NNews, Lively or VBeach?

I've traveled that bridge on a "good" day pulling a trailer and let me tell you, it can be a little nerve racking. Very narrow lanes and high elevation...maybe time to elevate the side barriers.

M-

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
There is no way this could be anything but unavoidable. As Capt Kirk said, the important thing is that the driver is OK and the stain washed out of his pants.

It was unavoidable in the real world.

Those who sit in cubicles and apply 20/20 hindsight from behind a desk dont work in the real world. And since they are the ones who determine the "avoidability" of a given accident, I am quite certain that the driver will be charged and given the obligatory warning letter anyway. And given that he has just survived a potentially fatal accident, he probably isnt going to give a sh%t about a bogus warning letter in the first place.

If they put that down as avoidable then the next time storms are rolling through drivers should stop in a safe area and let the weather pass by before proceeding. Make sure to blow a call in to let Mgmt know the trailers will be late of course.

dcdriver

nations capital

"If driver stayed on 95 and not have used 301 it could be avoided." quote from the higher powers at UPS. Not sure what the asigned travel path was or is to be.

"If driver stayed on 95 and not have used 301 it could be avoided." quote from the higher powers at UPS. Not sure what the asigned travel path was or is to be.

Thats a very slippery slope on UPS` behalf. If they go that way then every driver should only use the designated travel path irregardless of any traffic delays. If someone is new to the run he should not leave until mgmt has provided them the map of the designated path.