Happy Founders Day

G

gman

98 years and counting.

While we all grumble about our job, and often rightfully so, We owe a very good living to Jim Casey and company for starting with virtually nothing and creating one of the strongest companies in the world. Much of it thanks to those of us on this web site.

Congratulations to all of you for working so hard to make us the best.

(But I can't wait to retire!)

And now I'm on my way out the door to Atlanta. Maybe I'll see if I can find the National H.Q. Probably behind a barb wire fence and 12 foot walls.

(Message edited by gman on August 24, 2005)

A

afups

I truly hope this thread does not run into more gripes about UPS. Anniversary dates of the start of such a company as this one deserves some reflections from all of us. We work (or worked) here for years and it should be a source of pride that our efforts have made UPS what it is today.
Sunday will be the actual date. Hope you will spend a moment between now and then and think of Jim Casey and all the other people who made us a world leader in the transportation business.

Have a good day...every day

K

kybdbanger

Founders day is August 28, which this year falls on a Sunday. Formal activities planned for Monday the 29th.

D

ddomino

Founders day 2007: 100 years of service: 1 year till the worst strike in UPS history; The date the re-branding (the new logo with the swish) MUST be completed by as told to us at the unvailing. What a great company.

P

proups

Founder's Day activities first thing Monday morning.

I miss the trinkets we used to get....anybody remember those? I collected them (of course!).

P

proups

I did plant the tree.....wow, had forgotten about that one.

I've moved since then....now I'll have to go look!

O

over9five

Is it far? I'd love to know how tall it is now. Had to be about 12 years ago we got those. Mine didn't survive.