Happy to be with UPS 3 months so far but....

upsdude9

Hi everyone! I been with UPS for 3 months n work in Cali and love it. The only thing is some managers are real jerks. Everything else is cool as Kool Aid though!! Anywaymy question is how often do these managers get moved to another station? Do you have the same thig in your stations?? Thanks

Jimmy....

HazMatMan

Hi everyone! I been with UPS for 3 months n work in Cali and love it. The only thing is some managers are real jerks. Everything else is cool as Kool Aid though!! Anywaymy question is how often do these managers get moved to another station? Do you have the same thig in your stations?? Thanks

Jimmy....

Working for UPS for 3 months and loving it?? Trust me, the love will quickly diminish..:sad-very:

tieguy

Banned
why tell him that. why not let him make up his own mind? Too often we tell someone they should have a bad attitude if they say they enjoy their job.

barnyard

KTM rider
I have been with UPS for 10 years and have had 5 center managers and have seen 4 soon to be 5 driver supes. Some of them I respected and worked very hard for, some, not so much.

I do think that CMs and DSs have as hard or harder job than drivers....

TB

HazMatMan

why tell him that. why not let him make up his own mind? Too often we tell someone they should have a bad attitude if they say they enjoy their job.

Fair enough, but never TOLD him to have a bad attitude, but it will probably/maybe/most likely come in due time.. Keep us informed UPSdude9...He has already said some managers are real jerks, after only 3 months, to say that I would say he is on his way to total disgruntlement.(did I spell that correctly?)

upsdude9

thanks tieguy. I dont care I like it alot. So its only 3 months but its much better than other jobs I had. dont worry, I dont care what other people think. I hope to spend my career there. Except this one manager really is a jerk but its ok!

Jimmy....

rod

Retired 22 years
I hate to burst your bubble but don't get your hopes up that these "jerks" replacements will be any better:happy2:

HazMatMan

thanks tieguy. I dont care I like it alot. So its only 3 months but its much better than other jobs I had. dont worry, I dont care what other people think. I hope to spend my career there. Except this one manager really is a jerk but its ok!

Jimmy....

Well, good luck upsdude9 with your career endeavors at UPS. You will absolutley run into jerks and politics but you just learn to deal with it..

UPS Lifer

Jimmy....

I think you stumbled onto something that has rarely been talked about. Not many of us can compare UPS to a lot of other jobs or other companies out there. A lot of us start part time as a young adult and don't know what else is out there.

It seems to me that a lot of the employees that have worked for me coming from other industries or careers have been real happy with UPS. There is usually less entitlement and a more grateful attitude to be working for this company.

I would like to know what others think....

tups

Glad you like your job. Most everyone on here likes at least some part of their job. Maybe not all of it. And you will be able to make up your own mind down the road. The job is what it is......just don't be suprised that your attitude does a 180 in a few months. It is what it is....but it's your job and you are the only one who can make it a job you like. Just do your best and you'll be fine.

dillweed

I think you stumbled onto something that has rarely been talked about. Not many of us can compare UPS to a lot of other jobs or other companies out there. A lot of us start part time as a young adult and don't know what else is out there.

It seems to me that a lot of the employees that have worked for me coming from other industries or careers have been real happy with UPS. There is usually less entitlement and a more grateful attitude to be working for this company.

I would like to know what others think....

I agree with you. The grass isn't so green on the other side 'cause I've been there. Have worked much worse jobs without the great benefits we have at UPS.

upsdude9

Yea its a hard job I know. Its cool like Kool aid though. Thats what I always say when things get diffacult. Its cool like Kool aid. Just like you nice people! I just wana have a happy life. maybe one day a family! Thats my dreama career and family of my own.

Jimmy...

pkg-king

I have been with UPS for 10 years and have had 5 center managers and have seen 4 soon to be 5 driver supes. Some of them I respected and worked very hard for, some, not so much.

I do think that CMs and DSs have as hard or harder job than drivers....

TB

The bad ones seem to get moved around more often than the good ones. While I may not have liked them all on a personal level, I did have respect for them as my sup and tried to do the best job I could, and that has kept me out of trouble for the last 20 years or so. If they load you up with more than you can handle, rather than bitch and moan you'll never be able to get done, just go out and give it an honest effort and let the chips fall where they may. If you honestly can't get it done, they usually won't make the same mistake more than a dozen times or so:wink2:

tieguy

Banned
Fair enough, but never TOLD him to have a bad attitude, but it will probably/maybe/most likely come in due time.. Keep us informed UPSdude9...He has already said some managers are real jerks, after only 3 months, to say that I would say he is on his way to total disgruntlement.(did I spell that correctly?)

You know I grew up watching the flintstones. Mr slade was a real sob for a boss. I don't know if that concept has changed. We act like ups invented the concept of a hard boss....:)

HazMatMan

You know I grew up watching the flintstones. Mr slade was a real sob for a boss. I don't know if that concept has changed. We act like ups invented the concept of a hard boss....:)

Do you still watch the Flintstones?? lol. They may not have invented it, but they sure have perfected it..:knockedout:
Your serve Mr. Tie..

rod

Retired 22 years
I now realize how come one of my old center manager's accused me of "playing in a sandbox". He was in his own twisted way calling me Fred Flintstone. Damm him - I was much more like Barney Bubble.:happy2: