Hard card IDs

Cole

Yeah I missed the handrail once out of 50 times. He follwed me to do an observation soley because he heard me and the center manager arguing about them pulling people off their bid runs that morning, so when he stopped me he had no ID etc...

Cementups

Box Monkey
I have one and 3 regualr IDs. I keep differnet ones in different jackets so that way I always have one in case I forget my hard one or my wallet. I wear my clip on ID everyday from my collar. The bad part of that is on a really windy day it whips up and whacks me in the face repeatedly.

over9five

Staff member
I wouldn't give anyone MY license for a keycard. That's something your supervisor should straighten out. That's what he gets paid for.

Griff

I wouldn't be bothered with that stop, let them call up and complain, this is how things get fixed at our building anyways. If you ask, they'll just ignore you because UPS management is trained to treat drivers like ignorant derelicts. So let the customer call up and chew out an OMS person, watch how fast you get your ID.

Only suits get the hard ID's here, as if that makes any sense. We have tiny little junky ones that look about as cheap as a middleschool student ID.

Cole

Hoser,

the key word is "while on duty" so that would be the loophole. lol, since they're not wearing it they must not be on duty.

S

somedudemaster

Only people with ID's in my center are the air drivers and supervisors who go to the airport. Otherwise no one has one as far as I know.

No guards or fence at my center. Package cars open at night. Customers wander in from different places. Any old d00sh could wander onto property at night and grab some send agains from the cars (keys in ignition). Fortunately we've never had any problems (nice town with little to no crime). 50+ routes.

hoser

Industrial Slob
Hoser,

the key word is "while on duty" so that would be the loophole. lol, since they're not wearing it they must not be on duty.
:thumbup1::thumbup1: a very good point

if you have a hard copy ID, i suggest using it for discounts. after all, UPS is the 8th largest airline and you do have proof that you work for UPS. airline employees get cheap rental cars, rooms, flights, etc. give it a try, say you're an airline employee when you want a car or room for the weekend.