has anyone actually lost any weight BECAUSE of package handling?

Dirty Savage

Paranoid Android
After having spent the previous years at a desk job I think I lost like 30 lbs when I first started at UPS. However I have since put all that back on and gained some more.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I lost ssome weight when i was on Preload 15 years ago but since I went driving I gained 50 lb.s and presently sit at a pretty tick 252 lbs. at 6'2" I so need to lose that 50lbs.
you bettah stay away from feedahs there cement !!! you could explode!!!!

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
bedrock

i suggest sell your gym membership, use the money instead for

1 cell phone
2 clothes but oh wait, you showed up in a tie for the prelim.........
3 help ole granny out from being evicted by those nasty people who want to pay the landlord more money for the same appartment you been living in as a moocher for the last 5 years. i mean after all, think about all those quality times she had to wipe for you as you sat on the potty????

but wait, you dont have a job, how did you get that ole xpensive gym membership??????

you could always use it as a form of id at the dmv since you were too being too stupid/cool/whatever to take something serious like your birth certificate

d

Barack Odrama

is there a ignore users post option on this forum?..this guy is obviously a troll
the gym membership is 5 dollars a month..its a recreation center

so because i have a shirt and tie means i have enough clothes?..i dont have to help out my grandmother with the rent..its paid for..look up gentrification though..you need to get in tune with real problems..you acquired about 3.5k posts on this forum..you would think you would have some form of respect and intelligence...you sound like a salty old man posting on a ups forum with a tardigrade avatar who thinks he is above everyone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tardigrada

drewed

Shankman
is there a ignore users post option on this forum?..this guy is obviously a troll
the gym membership is 5 dollars a month..its a recreation center

so because i have a shirt and tie means i have enough clothes?..i dont have to help out my grandmother with the rent..its paid for..look up gentrification though..you need to get in tune with real problems..you acquired about 3.5k posts on this forum..you would think you would have some form of respect and intelligence...you sound like a salty old man posting on a ups forum with a tardigrade avatar who thinks he is above everyone.
oh wow ha ha

ummm just because its paid for, does that mean you shouldnt help the lady thats been providing for you for the last 4 years? 5 dollars is 5 dollars, theres a street go for a run its free.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
yup, and i read between the lines

dont have to help out my grandmother with the rent..its paid for
, by the tax payers like myself and all the others on this board. and a freeloading self absorbed scumbag that sits on the potty for mommy or grandmommy to come running when you get done. sure, why the hell should you help out, you dont owe granny a thing!

as for gentrification, big word, interesting though coming from you. yup, its the ole "right" to live where ever you want to live, regardless of what you can afford. landowners come in and try to spruce up the slums, make it a better place to live, attract a working class type of renter, and wow, you know what happens? people actually wanting to live in an area that before was a slum. how wonderful. urban renewal with a fancy name.

now we get a bunch of people that dont want to move, but dont want to pay more rent, after all, they are now living there free. that would mean having to actually pay money to live somewhere, how unamerican is that?

you keep on saying you appologised for your comments. but as of yet there as been nothing forthcoming about your stupidity on this board.

you want to make a new life for yourself, then i will help. lotsa different ways. but you want to make others feel sorry for yourself instead.

like i said in the other thread. troll or one of the prime shining examples why this country is in serious trouble.

d

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes, there is. go to User CP, scroll down to Edit Ignore List and do your thing. But, I will tell you, danny is one of the more knowledgeable people on this forum and you would do well to listen to what he has to say. He has seen more in life than you will ever know. BC is not a pity party and if this is what you are looking for you are most certainly in the wrong place.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
upstate

thankyou for the kind words.

as for the original part of the post, it does depend on your shape when you begin your career at ups. i have seen people bulk up quite a bit, and others, mostly those that are shubby and out of shape, lose quite a bit. i guess it depends on your metabolism.

one thing is interesting though. some employees when they either quit or go into a less physical job do gain weight. some not much, but others 50-60 pounds within a short period. the change of calories consumed vs active/passive lifestyle i would assume.

d

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
You will most definately lose weight in the beginning. But after a while, your body gets used the shock you put it through everyday and then you'll platuea. I would say keep your membership, but only go like 2 time a week at first. When you get used to the work and your not losing weight anymore, then go back to three or four days a week. Good luck!

Barack Odrama

thanks for the replies and help guys..i just came from my interview..and i think i did well..i had the interviewer smiling alot and i even mentioned the fact that this job is a double positive because of the weight loss and exercise factor and ur getting paid for it..i mentioned to him that i even made a post on the brown cafe forums about the losing weight perk, ,lol..hopefully he knows about this message board