Has anyone ever asked for a Management board?

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
you may do the work that generates revenue, but you do not pay my salary.

Without us out there doing the work that generates revenue,there is no money to pay your salary. We obviously do not directly pay your salary. Stupid comments like this are causing the pissing matches. Maybe if you tone it down a bit we'll stop pissing back.[/QUOTE]

i don't give a crap where you piss. no, you do not directly pay my salary, tell that to jones.

he says "Oh how I wish that were true. You just don't know.

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
incredible and yet also predictable: the elitist attitude that is expressed in this post. Its the equivalent of management being allowed to piss in the worker's bathroom but we would be prevented from pissing in the executive bathrooms by virtue of not having the key (password) .

Maybe we can have a union board and only union members can have the password? But that would probably piss you off as you lurk by the doors overhearing antimanagement talk and you being unable to respond.

the :) is meant to convey sarcasm :) get a clue. i'm not out to start a war.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Without us out there doing the work that generates revenue,there is no money to pay your salary. We obviously do not directly pay your salary. Stupid comments like this are causing the pissing matches. Maybe if you tone it down a bit we'll stop pissing back.
i don't give a crap where you piss. no, you do not directly pay my salary, tell that to jones.

he says "Oh how I wish that were true. You just don't know.
Oh how I wish that were true. You just don't know. :wink2:

Channahon

The cafe is open to all UPSer's for disucssions and opinions. At time people do get their fur up, but generally work through their differences. That is a sign of a maturity and respect for one another as human beings.

The management vs union will always be an issue, as every group knows they are contributing to the success of UPS, particulary, in this horrible economy. Benefits have been taken away, and nobody in any company, is happy about it.

However, a mature employee, management, non management and union, will understand that UPS has in the past been a financially strong organization, and the cutbacks are necessary to move forward in this awful economy.

So should a board be just for UPS management? Well, that would be me (retired) Tieguy, Hoax, Westside Worma and not sure who else is on here as a management person. I think you would get bored real quick.

705red

Browncafe Steward
you know, so people with half a brain can discuss big picture things like acquisitions and new services....without being bashed by union type folks.

Anyone with half of a brain would not have gone into management!:happy2:

what, I want a big boy board....i said i didnt want to have to justify my job after every post....which is happening. i get insulted, i respond. it's like middle school around here.

i think i have read what I have been typing?!
If you are really good at your job why are we down packages per day this year? Is it not your job to find us new packages?

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
never mind after i saw how he was attacked on the country club thread..........

Last edited:
M

Mike23

Lets look at how the poop flows downhill philosophy works in UPS:

1. Our all mighty multimillion dollar president decides he needs another 100% raise he craps on all the UPS execs in their respected countries to do more work and make up more numbers

2. The UPS in their respected countries agree they should all get raises so crap on all the depot managers

3. Depot managers then crap all over the onroad sups

4. Onroad sups then crap on the drivers

5. Drivers then crap all over preload and anyone else they come in contact with because, in all honesty, drivers really don't tend to stay quiet very long

And that boys and girls is why only drivers wear brown. Yes, that is also A LOT of pooping going on.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
you know, so people with half a brain can discuss big picture things like acquisitions and new services
Well we sure as heck dont want someone contributing to the conversation that happens to have a whole brain instead of just the left half.

What a putz.

what, I want a big boy board
Why would you even think the real big boys would even want a sales guy on their site.

By your own admission, you are not management. So you really would not fit in their either.

I guess BC is your only hope for intelligent conversation. To get such, you have to contribute intelligently.

Try it, you might like it.

d