Has CHSP Outlived its Usefulness ?

Big Rigger

I was offered a Safety Co-Chair.....I turned it down. Don't get me wrong.....I'm PASSIONATE about safety.

The concept of the safety committee was destroyed when the Union got involved.....stewards took over the meetings and any useful, positive possibilities were swept away. It was in fact, now a fried chicken event.

The paperwork aspect became a jobs program for the stewards to get that 65th hour. No? You better believe it.

And they became(the stewards) the biggest "company men" ever seen. I've never seen such boot licking CS's. Always in the office.....chatting it up. Safety became the last topic.

See, safety has a responsibility aspect.....accountability. When an employee kills another employee or a civilian, customer...the union acts surprised. And deflects. And many times this death could have easily been avoided....but by the collusion of the company and the union....nothing is enforced or acted upon. Yes, enforced and steps taken for future prevention.

The very actions of the union(policy) are directly responsible for the deaths of it's members. As is the Company.

Now, how is this possible? Would be happy to discuss it.
Bahahahaha.
Don't pull your shoulder out of socket patting yourself on the back on the job.
Oh, no lost time injury on the job?
TAW to the rescue.

I'm glad you're happy about your posting.
Yawn.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
What are meds….exactly? Evil big pharma….no? Shot? Are you….kidding?
No thanks, my body my choice! No? You have no idea about me!!! Now in my state I’m a god……don’t believe me? I ran for mayor. No? Look……it up.
Unreal

quad decade guy

Bahahahaha.
Don't pull your shoulder out of socket patting yourself on the back on the job.
Oh, no lost time injury on the job?
TAW to the rescue.

I'm glad you're happy about your posting.
Yawn.
I've never been on TAW.

Jealous?

I work hard at being safe.

Are you one of those chronic problems at work?

The lowest common denominator....I can't succeed....so everyone else must be a failure also...

I'm Circle of Honor and never a lost time OJI.

Big Rigger

I've never been on TAW.

Jealous?

I work hard at being safe.

Are you one of those chronic problems at work?

The lowest common denominator....I can't succeed....so everyone else must be a failure also...

I'm Circle of Honor and never a lost time OJI.
By 40 years+ if you can't get 25 years as a non-reporter you are comatose.
Keep your back patting arm in your power zone.

Let's be honest. A 40 plus management guy won't get taw. They normally got 6 months of fully paid leave.

Last edited:

Big Rigger

Screenshot_20210808-223956.png
Screenshot_20210808-224057.png

It's a good read from 2 years ago. 2018 was the year that it hit the fan.
I wonder if 804 has this nailed down.

quad decade guy

By 40 years+ if you can't get 25 years as a non-reporter you are comatose.
Keep your back patting arm in your power zone.

Let's be honest. A 40 plus management guy won't get taw. They normally got 6 months of fully paid leave.
Not sure how any of that applies to me. Your quest to smear me makes you look inane.

Everything I have claimed is absolutely true and documented.

Your slander is not.

Say, what are you afraid of?

Your impotent career? Self?

The successful? Winners?

Big Rigger

Not sure how any of that applies to me. Your quest to smear me makes you look inane.

Everything I have claimed is absolutely true and documented.

Your slander is not.

Say, what are you afraid of?

Your impotent career? Self?

The successful? Winners?
Your crass treatment of posters on here reaps you the Dave award. Are you from upstate new york?

No one cares about your arm patch. Your opinion about the safety committee is your opinion but it doesn't represent the "documented" issues that many employees see and deal with every day.

When Bill Davis in the article above was targeted it was obvious. I read other accounts of this situation and it said that for at least a year he had brought the egress issues up to the safety committee in the meetings. Looks like it wasn't even put on the discussion log from the first meeting so no one could read it being an issue. You know the topics of the meeting are posted right? The building had been busted for egress issues ten years prior to this and the Corporate Wide Settlement between the company and OSHA was precipitated from the charges in the Sharonville Hub. Of course you already know this because you are all knowing.

If the company agreed to a Corp wide settlement stemming from violations in one specific location don't you think they would be sensitive to greatly documented evidence that they were breaking their own agreement and not blow off valid complaints (with pictures)) when a steward brings it to the safety committee meeting?

And you toot your stupid horn about safety being the responsibility of the employee blah blah blah.

What about the safety committee dude?

That is the topic here if you can read and ascertain what this thread is about. We know the methods from HABITS to date. Your diluting of valid safety committee puppet show complaints is showing that either your ego blinds you from the reality of what many people are tired of or you are in management. Either way it's showing you are out of touch with what many other real Teamster members... who do care about others' safety.... deal with (hypocrisy) like Mr. Davis did or that you just want to be a hemorrhoid on here.

SMH

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

quad decade guy

Your quest to continually play the "victim" is almost in every post.

Slander on the internet. That's funny.

Maybe so.

Without some sort of minimal documentation.... it's just a story.
Maybe not. See, just because you can't stand to accept my accomplishments doesn't mean I haven't achieved them.

You don't like that word slander do you(guys)....because it hits right at home. Just because it's the "internet" doesn't mean it's right and you aren't accountable. Such an odd statement you made.

I am a victim when I am a victim. It's pretty simple and obvious when I am slandered or belittled and attacked. When I call it out......it is what it is. Now, you don't care and this is just the way you are.....typical. Rapists don't care about their victims and so forth.

And your entire retort shows how jealous and petty you really are. Sorry really.

Btw, being a victim in nearly every post is because I'm attacked in nearly every thread and post.......See?

quad decade guy

Your crass treatment of posters on here reaps you the Dave award. Are you from upstate new york?

No one cares about your arm patch. Your opinion about the safety committee is your opinion but it doesn't represent the "documented" issues that many employees see and deal with every day.

When Bill Davis in the article above was targeted it was obvious. I read other accounts of this situation and it said that for at least a year he had brought the egress issues up to the safety committee in the meetings. Looks like it wasn't even put on the discussion log from the first meeting so no one could read it being an issue. You know the topics of the meeting are posted right? The building had been busted for egress issues ten years prior to this and the Corporate Wide Settlement between the company and OSHA was precipitated from the charges in the Sharonville Hub. Of course you already know this because you are all knowing.

If the company agreed to a Corp wide settlement stemming from violations in one specific location don't you think they would be sensitive to greatly documented evidence that they were breaking their own agreement and not blow off valid complaints (with pictures)) when a steward brings it to the safety committee meeting?

And you toot your stupid horn about safety being the responsibility of the employee blah blah blah.

What about the safety committee dude?

That is the topic here if you can read and ascertain what this thread is about. We know the methods from HABITS to date. Your diluting of valid safety committee puppet show complaints is showing that either your ego blinds you from the reality of what many people are tired of or you are in management. Either way it's showing you are out of touch with what many other real Teamster members... who do care about others' safety.... deal with (hypocrisy) like Mr. Davis did or that you just want to be a hemorrhoid on here.

SMH
You really are jealous of that arm patch.....petty.

The topic was/is about the CHSP usefulness. Perhaps read the OP again.

Say, ultimately....who is responsible for their own safety? Please toot YOUR stupid horn.

Safety is much, much more complicated than one particular case or scenario.

I never claimed to speak for anyone.

What about the safety committee?

Being out of touch with Teamsters isn't much of a stretch. Especially someone like you. You are simply a wart(hemorrhoid)(your words) on the butt of progress. I can send inflamed(pun intended) rhetoric all day long.

Until your type is finally exterminated......the injuries and deaths will linger.

You and your kind are directly responsible for a portion of the injuries and deaths at UPS. Directly.

Big Rigger

You really are jealous of that arm patch.....petty.

The topic was/is about the CHSP usefulness. Perhaps read the OP again.

Say, ultimately....who is responsible for their own safety? Please toot YOUR stupid horn.

Safety is much, much more complicated than one particular case or scenario.

I never claimed to speak for anyone.

What about the safety committee?

Being out of touch with Teamsters isn't much of a stretch. Especially someone like you. You are simply a wart(hemorrhoid)(your words) on the butt of progress. I can send inflamed(pun intended) rhetoric all day long.

Until your type is finally exterminated......the injuries and deaths will linger.

You and your kind are directly responsible for a portion of the injuries and deaths at UPS. Directly.
Dave don't forget we're rapists too.

Big Rigger

Maybe not. See, just because you can't stand to accept my accomplishments doesn't mean I haven't achieved them.

You don't like that word slander do you(guys)....because it hits right at home. Just because it's the "internet" doesn't mean it's right and you aren't accountable. Such an odd statement you made.

I am a victim when I am a victim. It's pretty simple and obvious when I am slandered or belittled and attacked. When I call it out......it is what it is. Now, you don't care and this is just the way you are.....typical. Rapists don't care about their victims and so forth.

And your entire retort shows how jealous and petty you really are. Sorry really.

Btw, being a victim in nearly every post is because I'm attacked in nearly every thread and post.......See?
Kleenexes abound.