Has RLO's been a problem in your area? "On topic"

Integrity

Binge Poster
In our area there has always been a lot of drivers more than willing to take the day off..

Matter of fact: some senior drivers argued for the right to be asked first.

Your area?

I

Brohn Bron

In our area there has always been a lot of drivers more than willing to take the day off..

Your area?

I

Popular subject in my center. One driver in particular in my center that I started covering for in the beginning of my career has about 8 years on me. He works maybe 1 or 2 days a week. The running joke is that I’ll be able to retire with full pension before he does. I know, probably an old joke. Poor bloke gets away with murder though!

Pablo Escobar

Yes. In our center it’s the same group of drivers getting laid off on a regular basis. Mostly FT cover drivers with no assigned route. They come in or are called at home and asked if they want a lay off.

Pizza

Joe Biden is The Big Guy
ARTICLE 64
SOUTHERN REGION

When time off is available it shall be offered in seniority order by
classification as long as it does not result in economic cost to the
Employer.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Popular subject in my center. One driver in particular in my center that I started covering for in the beginning of my career has about 8 years on me. He works maybe 1 or 2 days a week. The running joke is that I’ll be able to retire with full pension before he does. I know, probably an old joke. Poor bloke gets away with murder though!
We get pull pension credit for one punch a week.

Pizza

Joe Biden is The Big Guy
UPS/IBT PLAN

You earn one week in Covered Employment with UPS for each week after 2007 in which you work one Hour of Service.
40 Weeks gets you 1 year credit.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Your area?

I

Depends on (if you have) a Local seniority practice.

There is that one mantra that says "Seniority gives you the right to work, not go home."

In my Local, it's "With all things being equal, seniority prevails at all times."

Seniority sucks.... when you don't have it.

Pay your dues.

-Bug-