Has the DOT physical got easier?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Went in June and blood pressure too high so I only got a one year cert. Went to my doctor to see about blood pressure and it was fine. How nice.

over9five

Staff member
Went in June and blood pressure too high so I only got a one year cert. Went to my doctor to see about blood pressure and it was fine. How nice.

Funny you should say that. I went maybe two months ago, no problems. The last thing the Doc said to me was , "You passed!". Then , walking out, I look at it and it's only good for a year. I have no idea why.

Do I walk back in and ask? Nope, I decide, what do I care. I get paid to come here anyhow!

Honestly, I think he just made a mistake on the date.

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Funny you should say that. I went maybe two months ago, no problems. The last thing the Doc said to me was , "You passed!". Then , walking out, I look at it and it's only good for a year. I have no idea why.

Do I walk back in and ask? Nope, I decide, what do I care. I get paid to come here anyhow!

Honestly, I think he just made a mistake on the date.

Do you get paid for your DOT physical? I never have.

rod

Retired 22 years
We always got paid for physicals scheduled during normal work hours---so in other words ---Yes . At one time they tried scheduling physicals on Saturdays but that didn't go over so good with the local clinic. Once again this is one of those things that "if they can get away without paying you for something" -- they certainly will.
If you aren't getting paid for them its your own fault. Unless your local rider says different

ideliver2u67

20 Down
In my center they have the doctors come in. They usually have a modified bus. Back when they were more thorough and made you jog in place the whole thing would shake. And it has to be off the clock.